MOPAR Dead?

-
Yes, Miles because America....
At this point, you'd expect to have replaced a few odds and ends. I have.
Water pump, starter, EGR valve, thermostat, serpentine belt, valve cover gasket, injectors were cleaned, two coil packs, one radiator, two A/C condensers, fuel pump, two oxygen sensors, an in dash evaporator, multiple sets of spark plugs, engine and transmission filters, front end rebuild. I replaced the 3.55 gears with stock 3.92 just for better acceleration.
Am I lucky or just good looking?

View attachment 1716194380

It has a few scrapes and dings but still looks good for being over 16 years old.
I have NO interest in a new truck at any cost. I don't want a knob for a shifter, I like having a middle seat. The huge dashboard center screen annoys me...I want knobs for the heater and A/C and I want a radio with a CD player.
I don't want a quad cab. I don't like how tall and thick the new trucks look. I don't want or need any nanny state adaptive cruise control or automatic braking, parking sensors or blind spot monitoring. I hate the concept of electric vehicles and have zero interest in them even if they were free.
Damn straight!

This almost exactly states the reasons I flew out to Portland last week (during an ice storm, mind you) to drive this 32 year old, 106k mile, original paint, 460 powered, 9-11 MPG truck back to Minnesota:

BJCP5691.JPG

It may not be a Ram, but regardless...

Amen, brother!

Amen.

Last edited:
Damn straight!

This almost exactly states the reasons I flew out to Portland last week (during an ice storm, mind you) to drive this 32 year old, 106k mile, original paint, 460 powered, 9-11 MPG truck back to Minnesota:

View attachment 1716197862

Amen, brother!

Amen.
Heck yea!!!!!

Damn straight!

View attachment 1716197862

Amen, brother!

Amen.
Looks like it is in pretty good condition.
Nice find!

Elites at WEF are pushing electric. This cold has proven the phalicy of electric across the board. They have pushed sales without major upgrades to the electric grid, and wind and solar just are not the answer for that!
Convert diesel engines to run on natural gas will take care of most of the emissions. Instead of pig piss to clean up the NOX emissions inexpensive water injection can be used to lower the combustion temperatures which create NOX. For winter use water/methanol can be used, the methanol just to prevent freezing. But then those elite rectums do not pocket billions screwing crap out of the little people.
Yep create a problem (Lack of grid capability) then bury the TAXPAYERS with billions in SUDDENLY emergency upgrades while fluffing pockets here and a broad with needed items.

To bring evrything up to date: Stellantis says no more buying carbon credits and paying emissions penalties. The result: Hemi's are dead, and we're stuck with twin turbo v6's and ev's. The competition updates their v8's to be more efficient and make more power. Consequences: the competion sells more vehicles and Stellantis loses money and market share in the North American market. Tavares, the Stellantis ceo, has said he's willing to cut brands that don't make money. With a minority of people buying ev's, and a majority of people wanting v8 engines, which is going to be the most likeley scenario: Dodge and Chrysler get the ax, the hemi updated and returns, the hemi is replaced with a new v8, or wait till the cashcows for the other companies get killed off, leaving Stellantis ahead of everyone else?

To bring evrything up to date: Stellantis says no more buying carbon credits and paying emissions penalties. The result: Hemi's are dead, and we're stuck with twin turbo v6's and ev's. The competition updates their v8's to be more efficient and make more power. Consequences: the competion sells more vehicles and Stellantis loses money and market share in the North American market. Tavares, the Stellantis ceo, has said he's willing to cut brands that don't make money. With a minority of people buying ev's, and a majority of people wanting v8 engines, which is going to be the most likeley scenario: Dodge and Chrysler get the ax, the hemi updated and returns, the hemi is replaced with a new v8, or wait till the cashcows for the other companies get killed off, leaving Stellantis ahead of everyone else?
Stellantisfell into the outhouse basement.

I just watched a disturbing YouTube video about Stellantis and their takeover of Chrysler. For 2024 there are only 2 models. One of them is an Alfa Romeo minivan. No more Hemi-powered Chargers? Will this be the end of our favorite American car manufacturer?

See: and

I heard that the hemi was dropped completely

You can't drive to the store without seeing a number of modern Challenges and Chargers. Nothing like the look and sound of an R/T Scat Pak. Damn, I'd own one if I could.

For the life of me i can't understand why they would discontinue those two cash cows. Maybe political pressure???
Quality issues with the challenger is what I've both heard about and read

May be some...but no huge recalls that I'm aware of.
If I remember correctly, the 2016 challengers had alternator iissues. I remember seeing just about every year of challenger on a dealers used car lot and they always had low mileage.

They need to step back and think this one out poor quality. hard to work on, durability, to many electrical gadgets most don't want, over priced, halt dealers from inflating window sticker price. And many more improvements they could make there are many things that they could improve on or close up store

If I remember correctly, the 2016 challengers had alternator iissues. I remember seeing just about every year of challenger on a dealers used car lot and they always had low mileage.
I had two challengers a 2012 and a 2021 no issues what so ever, good solid cars.
Traded the 2012 in for a 2017 Ram 3500, and the 2021 traded for a 2023 Wrangler, 4x4's fit my need better.

Had a 2010 6 Cyl Challenger.
They were know for having piston issues.
Sold mine after the first piston was replaced.
Hear from the buyer that it had another cylinder problem soon after.

My 2011 SRT8 HEMI was a BOMB!
Had no issue with it; except my aggressiive driving!
:lol:

They discontinued the Classic pickup, and have nothing to currently replace it with.

We've had 5 Dodges with the 5.7 Hemi, 2009 Challenger R/T 6 speed manual, 2012 Charger R/T Auto (given to child), 2018 Charger R/T auto, 2023 Durango R/T auto (traded for simpler Hemi Durango), 2024 Durango R/T auto for towing. Never a problem with the 5.7, but I run 10w30 oil. Plenty of power, not a drop of oil between changes. Good solid cars, high 20s to 30+ mpg cruising at 75 mph. The Durango only gets 23 mpg at the same speed. I've had good cars throughout my life time and they were all MOPAR. From Barracudas, to K car wagons, to Neons, to the current R/T cars. I will never have an EV or turbo anything. Hoping to never buy another car for the rest of my life.

Hoping to never buy another car for the rest of my life.
For me there is nothing out there I really want as a daily driver. As much as I try to like something.
You know, the "I gots to have one" feeling.

I hope the car assembly workers realize what this administration is doing to their livelihood and the vote for the people that aren't forcing this **** down our throats.

the word is , that the head of the auto workers union has endorsed the Harris campaign , hope the workers are smarter than that !!

EVs are still in there infancy. 10-15 years from now the discussion will be moot. (I'm guessing hydrogen fuel cells will be the bridge to the future of EV technologies.) But maybe not?

Bottom line? Electric motors have significant advantages over internal combustion engines. And that technology is going to win the future.

But that does not mean an end of nostalgic appreciation and practices. Once upon a time Henry Ford was told his horse less carriages were the work of the devil. That crowd was wrong. But it wasn't the end of horses. They're just not used for daily commute by the masses.

hydrogen works , its a little dangerous , but the oil companies and powers that be , don't want us to use water for fuel.
I played with a nitrogen home made fuel cell all one summer , didn't even do any racing , I got 4mpg (from 36 to 40 ) , out of it on a Honda civic , but it ended up being taking too much time to keep the cell clean , it probably was that my design wasn't the greatest ..

-
Back