MOPAR Dead?

-
Who said "Eliminate?" How come everything is one side or the other? And where was this outrage when fossil fuels dictated options?

I understand that EVs lack the "Cool factor." But the future waits for no one. We either lead. Or fall from US leadership roles.
yeah , lets be totally dependant on china for the batteries ....

Maybe Stellantis is existing the US market...completely???

Henry Ford says he will offer any color as long as it BLACK... Maybe Stellantis will offer any vehicle as long as it is EU GREEN!!???

Maybe go "Ford Black and NEVER come back!""??? :poke: :BangHead: :thumbsup: :popcorn: :steering:

Yeah, that's the reason they put out to the public. In fact, they bought all those Teslas in the first place as a means of securities manipulation. It was a shell game right from the start. Related: Tesla's main business isn't selling cars, it's selling emissions credits.
And charging stations.

I
Europe and America....not the same....not even close'
Yes...the gov ment IS trying to push EV down your throat.
I have to laugh. The turn of the century (1900) automobiles were pushed down our throats. Everyone were saying, "we didn't need them". Our horses were more dependable. Here we are again!!!!! I'm sure that is where the Horse Power came from. Why have only 1 HP when you can have 60.

Technology is great.. when NOT in the hands of idiots. Our gov' ment is basically idiots. Think about it.

Cars that drive themselves???? Give me a break.

It's not entirely their decision. The government has put so much pressure on the auto industry to switch to electric vehicles, by making the CAFE numbers almost impossible to reach with internal combustion engines, o they had to go electric or die. There's a lot to not like about electrification. There is so much dependency on China, for everything from charging stations, to the minerals needed to make the batteries, that if we ever were in an adversarial relationship with them, they could pretty much shut us down. At my age, don't know if I'll ever see it but there is a real possibility that it could happen.
Not true, California has plenty lithium to last us for years, same as for our own oil. Maybe there is another reason for our government wanting to go all EV. I could be off a little, I think most of our oil fields are own by Republicans. This could reason the governing party of today is pushing the EV's. It's called slipping in the back door.

There's a political part of this forum where you can attack each other about your personal opinions..

Fossil fuel cars are going nowhere in our lifetime..fact..
True, we will always have "fossil fuels, but can we get the right ones for our older cars? What happened to my Sunoco 260? Where is my "ZINK"?

Had a 2010 6 Cyl Challenger.
They were know for having piston issues.
Sold mine after the first piston was replaced.
Hear from the buyer that it had another cylinder problem soon after.

My 2011 SRT8 HEMI was a BOMB!
Had no issue with it; except my aggressiive driving!
:lol:
I remember the 426 Hemi had the same issues, the reason "No Warranty". You play, you pay!!!!

For me there is nothing out there I really want as a daily driver. As much as I try to like something.
You know, the "I gots to have one" feeling.

My daily driver is a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, or a 1996 ACR Neon coupe. The 2009 Challenger has almost 5,000 miles on it. On the flip side, my wife has daily driven a Charger R/T since 2012 and loves it.

Of my 3 cars 1 is 17 years old, next 30 years and last 61.
I just had to replace the TIPM on the 17 year old PT Cruiser. Has 99,000 miles, first failure.
Gonna run 'um till the wheels quit turnin'.

IMG_3460-scaled.jpeg
Daytona looks good with the hood blackout:

Of my 3 cars 1 is 17 years old, next 30 years and last 61.
I just had to replace the TIPM on the 17 year old PT Cruiser. Has 99,000 miles, first failure.
Gonna run 'um till the wheels quit turnin'.
My newest vehicle is 22 years old, next is 23, then 27, 34, and 48 years old. The 48 year old one has the lowest mileage at 43k. The others are all well over 120k miles. I have little to no interest in anything new, nor can I afford it.

4 of my 7 PT Cruiser have been turbos!
Never a problem with any of them.
If they had a sales problem, they should have updated and redesigned the PT.
During the 10 year run, it was #3 in sales.
Only more 300s and Ram pickups were sold during that period.

All my vehicles have been MOPARS.
The only pain in the *** was the carb on my 360 Dodge Maxivan.
After many years of frustration, we finally put a manual choke on it.
But it was the vehicle that built the most family memories.

1997 Dodge Maxivan.jpg

View attachment 1716287562
In case you're looking for another one, this PT Cruiser has very low mileage.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-chrysler-pt-cruiser-10/

View attachment 1716287562
Lots of memories with my 72' B300 Sportsman Royal, also a Maxi. For what I paid for it, I could of bought a 6 pack or Hemi ($5,800). You do what you think is best at the time.

EV's would be fine if you didn't need fossil fuel to recharge them. And if you take a 500 mile trip who want's to spend more time charging than driving. My IC car in the station and out in ten minutes for another 300 miles.

That PT is nice. Too bad it's a stick.That's what we have.The wife won't drive it anymore.
Funny thing is SHE demanded that we bought a stick back in 2007.....

Not true, California has plenty lithium to last us for years, same as for our own oil. Maybe there is another reason for our government wanting to go all EV. I could be off a little, I think most of our oil fields are own by Republicans. This could reason the governing party of today is pushing the EV's. It's called slipping in the back door.

sounds like b.s. , most lithium comes from the ukrain and russia/china..so I`ve been told ...

EV's would be fine if you didn't need fossil fuel to recharge them. And if you take a 500 mile trip who want's to spend more time charging than driving. My IC car in the station and out in ten minutes for another 300 miles.

yeah , how do they make the electricity for those jokes ...?

-
Back