-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dartman74

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I happened on an add today on Craigslist. The gentleman whose name is Michael stated that he has over 100 MOPAR's A-bodies, B-bodies, and E-bodies from the early 60's into the 70's. I called him and will be going down in the morning. He is located near Fayetteville, NC. He sent me an email with some pics of the yard and it looked pretty impressive. His name is Michael.

Like I said, I am going in the morning to check it out. I will take some pics and post them tomorrow afternoon in case anyone is interested.

If you are looking for something particular PM and I will see if he has what you are looking for. Happy Hunting!!!

By the way,
This place hasn't been touched yet as far as I know!!

see what in the a body line fellow north carolinian, thanks:D

I happened on an add today on Craigslist. The gentleman whose name is Michael stated that he has over 100 MOPAR's A-bodies, B-bodies, and E-bodies from the early 60's into the 70's. I called him and will be going down in the morning. He is located near Fayetteville, NC. He sent me an email with some pics of the yard and it looked pretty impressive. His name is Michael.

Like I said, I am going in the morning to check it out. I will take some pics and post them tomorrow afternoon in case anyone is interested.

If you are looking for something particular PM and I will see if he has what you are looking for. Happy Hunting!!!

By the way,

Yes, pictures are worth a 1000 words.

If you are coming down 95 to Fayetteville you need to stop by Peedin's Garage in Smithfield. There are probably 5-600 Mopars in that yard plus lots' of pulled parts in storage!!! Thier prices are steep but man do they have some mopars there......

I only live about 20 miles from smithfield. I am over in Angier. Thanks for the info. I will have to check them out.

Peedin's (Billy West Peedin's Garage) is on 819 Batten Farm Road in Selma 27576. Phone is 910-965-5405 but they are usually only open a couple days a week these days - Thursday 2-5pm and Sat 10 to 4 pm. If you have not been there you need to go check it out.

By the way,
Could you swing by Alabama and pick me up when you go? please lol

Attachments

• SAM_6617.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 7,927
  • SAM_6630.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 7,925
  • SAM_6622.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 7,667
Go to that link and it says:
This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

Peedin is only about 10- 15 minutes from my house. I will be going there next week as i got most of the week off right now.

I think I am going to call Peedins and see if they have floorpan sections for my 74 swinger. once i get those in I will be ready for blasting and paint and then finally assembly!!

Peedin's (Billy West Peedin's Garage) is on 819 Batten Farm Road in Selma 27576. Phone is 910-965-5405 but they are usually only open a couple days a week these days - Thursday 2-5pm and Sat 10 to 4 pm. If you have not been there you need to go check it out.
Yep, Well worth the trip. I met Billy years ago and the amount of parts thier is amazing.

Billy died several years ago. Billy was a big time drag racer in the Carolinas back in the day. Good friends with Ronnie Sox and Buddy Martin. Billy's wife Jackie also did her share of racing - although she raced an AMC Rebel (which she still has). I didn't know Billy, but Jackie is a really neat lady to talk with. Unfortunately their only child was a girl that was killed in a car accident years ago. Jackie has two nephews that are helping her liquidate the many cars and parts they have. Unfortunately, someone has convinced her that the inventory is worth gold and their prices are very high. To the extent many of those old Mopars have and will continue to "return to the earth".. I see this same thing going on at several other Mopar graveyards I know of. A friend of mine in town here has close to 50 old Mopars, mostly B -bodies from 63 up to early 70s. He's another one that will wind up losing all of his value by trying to get too much for the cars. Recently he was trying to move a 69 GTX he has in the yard. It's an original 440, 4spd car and still has the original drive train in it. It needs a "complete" restoration - but is a good project candidate.
He is trying to get around $12K for it - and will likely never sell it !!!!

I happened along to this site after looking up Billy, only to find he passed away. I have many memories of going to his place out in the middle of nowhere, back in the 70's. People wouldn't even tell you where his place was . If you were fortunate enough to go there even then, once he let you in his barn, out the back door you would see a field of mopar race cars from 63 on up. I first met him when he ran the "Virginia Twister" on the Fx circuit. He was a character,HE EITHER LIKED YOU, OR HE WOULD TELL YOU TO GET OFF HIS PROPERTY in a little more colorful format. If your a mopar fan this is pure heaven, I haven't been there in 20 years, but when I go back this summer, I'm going to take a trip to his place. I'm sure it's changed, but I still remember all the hemi engine's and transmissions he had sitting on the barn floors. He's definitely,missed, one of "the good old boy's".I'm sure he and Sox and Nicholson have a lot to talk about and if there's a race track in heaven, you can bet they're there.If a bunch of the old cars are still there, you can see the names he raced under.

That yard wasn't Bishop's was it? I went there a few times back when I was still at home (even pulled a grill off a 73 gold duster), but that particular junk yard is overgrown and somewhat hard to navigate.

There used to be a yard up in Cameron, near Hwy 1, that had a bunch of A-bodies, but the city made them crush everyone a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back