Mopar performance head

-
The above was the '92 catalog & racer net pricing sheet. Below is from '97's.....

20221022_221110.jpg

20221022_221612.jpg

Did they just change the part# & drop the price $105, or is there a difference in the head/hardware, ..? Elephino...

There has to be some of them bad boys floatin around out there somewhere. My question would have to be why they didn't offer a long valve version so you could actually put a real valve spring in there. I guess there just wasn't that big a demand for them.

Did they just change the part# & drop the price $105, or is there a difference in the head/hardware, ..? Elephino...
Probably trying to get rid of um. By 1997 the writing was on the wall for Mopar Preformance.

If the compression heights are all identical, the larger bores will have higher compression.

But that motor should have a broader (slightly) torque curve
Technically, that is true. But I would bet there would be a larger CR variance, in the "as cast" combustion chamber size cyl to cyl.
Actually what I meant by CR height was that some pistons are made as "low compression" pistons, with a different CR. I have seen these listed on E-bay. Most "normal' Replacement oversize pistons, have the cr adjusted for the oversize, so they retain the stock CR.

There has to be some of them bad boys floatin around out there somewhere. My question would have to be why they didn't offer a long valve version so you could actually put a real valve spring in there. I guess there just wasn't that big a demand for them.
I guess push rods would have just cost WAY too much for the slant guys!
$1100 for what little they did to that head seems like a LOT of money.
Only factor was it was a new head, so you were pretty sure it didn't leak water.
And as far as porting I am guessing it was just casting flash removal and maybe gasket match at the flange.

I guess push rods would have just cost WAY too much for the slant guys!
$1100 for what little they did to that head seems like a LOT of money.
Only factor was it was a new head, so you were pretty sure it didn't leak water.
And as far as porting I am guessing it was just casting flash removal and maybe gasket match at the flange.
They did the same thing with the W2 stuff. Why on EARTH did Mopar make W2 heads of ANY kind with stock length valves? Makes no sense at all, because even a stock W2 has flow needs well beyond what a stock length valve spring can support. Just stupid. Oh well. No sense cryin about it now. LOL

-
Back