Reaction score
I found a different forum...

moparstyle.com

Check it out:
1. it is not purple:cheers:
2. if you have more than just an A-Body it is a better place for that:profilel:
3. new is always nice:read2:
4. more open minded vs. hardcore die hard A-Team or not my team:thebirdm:

I heard of mopowerstyle, but heard they were going under because of copywright issues or something, is this possibly their new name?

moparstyle.com

Check it out:

If you dont like the purple, shut the color on your screen off.
If you have more then an a body then you can go to our sister sites. B bodies only and E bodies only.
Mopar Style isnt new. Its been around longer then we have.
If you dont think were open minded then Go. Try Moparts.

I dont know what your problem is but you complain a lot. If your not happy here no one is making you stay.

We believe that the people here are grown up enough not to need automatic censors. Apparently you are not one of them.

However Im not going to edit your post. This way ever one can see how immature you are.

Moparstyle first then name change to mopowerstyle due to copywrite issues then name changed back to moparstyle.
Forums can be compared to bars or churches in that you have to find one you're comfortable in. I've tried several. I'm happy here.
I'm not even sure where the reference to purple comes from. Looks maroon on my screen. I'm not racist anyway LOL
If just one whinner would start a forum for whinners....

I am sorry if I offended anyone. There is just so much testosterone flying around on here sometimes it's like a prison yard! I am trying to get to the bottom of my discomfort with some things that have gone on in my 1st month on here. Wow it has been interesting! Realistically about 5-25% of replies to my threads have left me with something productive to go do. Something is better than nothing though so I will try shut up about the purple cause it aint a big deal and is kinda like a running joke now. I actually think it is very funny! PURPLE POWER!!!!
I will try to phrase my questions more specifically as to breed out Vague barely related responses.
When I ask about a 273 HI-PO I do not want to hear about any other motors.
end of story.
I am trying to keep my car Honest! As I do with m'self. I am learning how to use this tool. There isn't an instruction manual on ed-E-kit here and I sure as hell didn't get any tips on the welcome wagon.

I have seen an error in my ways and hope anyone I rubbed the wrong way can honestly see the intention behind my Apology here. Ok I am logging out of the Whiner's forum now. :stop:

moparstyle.com

Check it out:

Yes, been there about the time when BK first started the site. Not a "First member" but a very early one.

1. Not purple??????
2. They have many sub catogories. (sp)
3. New is nice. Different is good.
4. More open minded? VIA the amount of sub forums they have on different body's as well as trucks and Desoto etc....... then yep, there a wide open board for more than just A bodies.

Seeing how this is "Just A bodies", it stays very focused on just that. While that is fine for many here, theres really not a whole lot of die hard my way or the Hwy. mind set on just A body cars owners here. Sure, theres a few, but that is also why the board is called what it is.

It's easy to look past it as simple fevor flag waving crazy people about there car body. And IMO, it's great that some people love there car that much. That is what makes this board do well. Calling us, which I see as everyone , close minde is not true and proved wrong my myself owning a '79 B body Magnum and a E body '73 Cuda and I never get **** about it here. Never once did someone say something ill towards me on it.

Proved wrong.

On word choice, you can blame some members on the report a post icon. There have been times where I log on to 10+ complaints on word choice. As an adult, you should be able to use said words above in an adult manor and not just for the sake of use.

Your 2nd post has a childish tone. If that's how you want to be viewed, OK, be viewed as a baby throwing a fit. Have fun, enjoy Moparstyle. See ya there.

I am sorry if I offended anyone. There is just so much testosterone flying around on here sometimes it's like a prison yard! I am trying to get to the bottom of my discomfort with some things that have gone on in my 1st month on here. Wow it has been interesting! Realistically about 5-25% of replies to my threads have left me with something productive to go do. Something is better than nothing though so I will try shut up about the purple cause it aint a big deal and is kinda like a running joke now. I actually think it is very funny! PURPLE POWER!!!!
I will try to phrase my questions more specifically as to breed out Vague barely related responses.
When I ask about a 273 HI-PO I do not want to hear about any other motors.
end of story.
I am trying to keep my car Honest! As I do with m'self. I am learning how to use this tool. There isn't an instruction manual on ed-E-kit here and I sure as hell didn't get any tips on the welcome wagon.

I have seen an error in my ways and hope anyone I rubbed the wrong way can honestly see the intention behind my Apology here. Ok I am logging out of the Whiner's forum now. :stop:

You posted a question in the welcome wagon area? Not the best place for it, but your learning. We all are here, no big deal.

I have to agree with you on one thing though, drives me nuts as well. Non related answers to a question.
Like your 273 engine question, typical answers end up being get a 340 or 360 when that isn't the direction you want to take. There answers are really, well, a "Thanks for nothin" answer. There no help at all. I wish they shut up myself. But, it's a post a answer forum like a stick paper in the hall way type of way these boards. You can't stop some jasshole from posting a dickheaded answer.

Learn how the fellas are that actually help and make contact with them via a off the board way and talk with them off the board to get going and not bogged down.

I have a few numbers of members here and we talk on a semi regular basis about the MoPar(s) or anything else in the wind.

Dude, thank you. Best most realistic advice I have gotten yet. I can't tell you how much that helped. I just needed that...

Sometimes it's a matter of dropping the fishing line on the right side of the pond with the right bait.

Stick around and enjoy the site. Enjoy MoParstyle as well. I'm not on one site and one site only, but here is where I am at most.

Dude, thank you. Best most realistic advice I have gotten yet. I can't tell you how much that helped. I just needed that...

Sarcasm is usually used when someone has disdain for whoever they're speaking to.

You're a strange cat. Most people find this place looking for specific information and usually stay because they like the vibe. You on the other hand, seem to equate this with a social-networking place for teenagers and people in their early 20's, like yourself. Why are you here? Bored with MySpace and Facebook? Why waste our time and bandwidth?

No one seemingly, except for you really gives a **** about the color choice of the forum template. Most people are here because they've found what they like in life and are not really concerned with posturing or being antagonistic. Your posts have been self-serving and counter-productive to any sort of effective discussion. Are trying out for internet rock star or something? Not gonna get a lot of play here, no one cares.

Again, people here are willing to engage you if you can relate to them on a regular level. No one wants to deal with someone who puts their confrontational personality first and their interest in cars second. I can't take you seriously when you choose to put Eminem as your avatar when most guys choose their pride and joy. Tells me your priorities are somewhere else.

Perhaps when you figure out what's important you'll change your tune.

. I can't take you seriously when you choose to put Eminem as your avatar when most guys choose their pride and joy. Tells me your priorities are somewhere else.
Eminem ? I thought it was a penguin LMAO

I knew it was "Tony Danza", just couldn't accept the two of them "rolling like thunder under the covers." There's only one other site I'll frequent regularly due to lots of helpfull guys - BigBlockDart. If I could only pick one Mopar site to get me through a 2-3 year A body resto/build, it'd be right here.

You really cant blame the guy cause there is always some on your post that has something negative to say, but this forum is 300x's better then moparts they are a bunch of ball busters over there. There alot of good people here and alot of good info. Forabodiesonly.com ROcks Bro.

This is all good stuff Madmaxx and hopefully you take it to heart. There's a couple things we all gotto understand. Members here span the age of 18 to 80 so it's real easy to put someone off with bizarre words or phrases and that certain someone maybe the person with the answer to your question. Members here are both sexes, different races and alot of different countries so again keep it clean and to the point (like I should talk).
There have been a lot of new members signed up in the last few months alone with a lot of good questions, which is good. Sometimes the answers or replies might take a while but remember with all the B.S. going on in countries economies around the world the person with the answer may be busy keeping his/her life going and can't spend the time they used to on the keyboard.

Terry

This is all good stuff Madmaxx and hopefully you take it to heart. There's a couple things we all gotto understand. Members here span the age of 18 to 80 so it's real easy to put someone off with bizarre words or phrases and that certain someone maybe the person with the answer to your question. Members here are both sexes, different races and alot of different countries so again keep it clean and to the point (like I should talk).
There have been a lot of new members signed up in the last few months alone with a lot of good questions, which is good. Sometimes the answers or replies might take a while but remember with all the B.S. going on in countries economies around the world the person with the answer may be busy keeping his/her life going and can't spend the time they used to on the keyboard.

Terry

Extremely EXCELENT answer!

this is the same guy who says his mild 273 dart lifts the front wheels off the ground...lmao....if you dont like purple then you aint a mopar guy, and forabodies is one of the best automotive forums on the web bar none...period!

I've been screwing around on the Internet since 1991, way before pictures and whatnot. There have always been whiners, and there have always been people that get upset when they don't feel someone else is answering their questions.

I can tell you that there are two main reasons that people's questions don't get answered. The first is that no one that knows the answer sees the post. If no one knows the answer, can you really expect to hear it?

The second is very common. People don't like giving away information to someone that they feel hasn't tried to figure it out on their own, or make an attempt to look it up. I'm a computer nerd, and since 1991 when a newbie asks a question without making an attempt to find it on their own, the answer was ALWAYS RTFM. Read the f-ing manual. People on here are more friendly than most websites, but they also get rubbed the wrong way when they feel someone is trying to get something for nothing. People that come across as whiny get similar treatment.

There are thousands and thousands of posts on here to search through. What you ask has probably already been answered. People don't like typing the same things over and over and over again.

You made the comment that the other site is more open to other mopars besides just A bodies...did the name 'for A bodies only" give you any clue what this site was about? I also enjoy reading about other mopars, but since I sold my hemi cuda, hemi coronet, superbee, Charger R/T and others and still own my 340 Swinger...the A body site is better suited for me. This is the friendliest site I have been on and gives the best information. If you give it a chance and stop harping on the smallest things, you might find that you actually enjoy it.

Madmaximum, your attitude in posting this thread leaves a little to be desired. It looks adversarial.

Your first posts I read seemed to be okay. Then they went downhill, like you were smoking something. I realize you're a youngster, but incoherent, off the wall posting like I've seen from you makes me want to stay away from your threads. Just posting my observations.

It is another GREAT source of information8) IHMO!

How can there be too much Mopar in your life??

-
Back