Moparbishi

-
Cool, not trying to be a dick, HVLP work ain't hard especially with basecoat/clear coat, you can fix booboo's real easy.

I think both y'all (FK5) could have saved a ton of heartache if you pushed your skills a little, or shopped around for a better shop if your really allergic to the squirt gun.

But what do I know. You might have health problems or other major roadblocks that stop you, but from this build, you seem to be more than capable of breaking your foot off in a decent paint job without being a slave to some body guy.

That's why I do my own work honestly. If you don't have a booth, rent one. Where there's a will there is a way. I just see too many gifted folks tell themselves they aren't x skilled, when in reality they could do a good job if it weren't for self doubt.

My .02.

Cool, not trying to be a dick, HVLP work ain't hard especially with basecoat/clear coat, you can fix booboo's real easy.

I think both y'all (FK5) could have saved a ton of heartache if you pushed your skills a little, or shopped around for a better shop if your really allergic to the squirt gun.

But what do I know. You might have health problems or other major roadblocks that stop you, but from this build, you seem to be more than capable of breaking your foot off in a decent paint job without being a slave to some body guy.

That's why I do my own work honestly. If you don't have a booth, rent one. Where there's a will there is a way. I just see too many gifted folks tell themselves they aren't x skilled, when in reality they could do a good job if it weren't for self doubt.

My .02.

This car,might throttle your ***... Driven,a highly boosted 2.6.,these cars hammer.

well, the shop is my buddy's place and our " agreed deal " was he was to have it about 3 weeks...and here we are, lesson learned. i wasn't trying to ***** or sound like one but i have missed a few shows and cruise nights already. i wanted to do it myself, tho i have never painted a whole car ( just hoods and parts ). i have helped him do several using base/clear and i KNOW i can do it but i was on a fierce deadline trying to make a show in Vegas and didn't have time to do it over if i messed up. i should have listened to my gut feeling and just git er dunn.
once again, lesson learned. next time i'll just rent his booth, prob cost a few cases of coors but it'll be satisfying doing it myself.
hopefully he can paint the black trim pieces and it'll be complete for the show this saturday, without interior and not running but it'll look good just sitting there :D
PS PoisonDart74 you do nice work, come help me with my Demon, i'll supply the beer:D

i got her home last night, still not complete but at least she's home. needs black trim painted, bumpers, header panel, headlight covers sanded then final car buff. also a complete in-n-out cleaning to get 8 months worth, yes 8 months, of body shop atmosphere funk off of her.

our annual Mopar show is tomorrow so she'll have to wait til sunday to get some love.

i need to update this post, i'll show pics of what was done. mechanically she's done but no pics or vids yet. still needs final buff and trim put on, and paint the wheel centers hopefully this weekend. i redid some of the wiring and a few other changes here and there, but to answer your question, fabbed motor/trans mounts and a tweak of the factory cross member. fitted the new wheels/tires yesterday. not sure if i like the look on the rears but i'm thinking she'll NEED the drag radials :burnout:

Problem is, LOL you'll get all this done and people will think it's an 80's Pusstang, LOL

:toothy5: i get that all the time, that and " nice supra " or does it make funny noises when you hit 88 mph ( dweebs think its a delorian :finga: )

time vampires surround me :D anyway, got more done the past few days. longer coupler to get the filter down in the fresh air hole in the fender well. installed the throttle and trans kick down cable, along with hooking up the autometer mechanical water and oil gauges to the lighting system so they dim, and then ran the line so i can fill it with water and crank it up to check for leaks, timing and tune.

time vampires surround me :D anyway, got more done the past few days. longer coupler to get the filter down in the fresh air hole in the fender well. installed the throttle and trans kick down cable, along with hooking up the autometer mechanical water and oil gauges to the lighting system so they dim, and then ran the line so i can fill it with water and crank it up to check for leaks, timing and tune. http://s154.photobucket.com/user/aiche_photos/media/Olive/intake_zps10958d62.jpg.html
always looking for a couple more inches somewhere aren't you?!

I think I like the cleaner look Of the aluminum tubing intake over the round open element.

I think I like the cleaner look Of the aluminum tubing intake over the round open element.

i'm still not 100% sure what i like but this would prob. work best for coldest air. something like this was my plan
http://s154.photobucket.com/user/aiche_photos/media/Cars n Stuff/coldair_zpscb718222.jpg.html
i also have polished fabricated valve covers to put on, hopefully they clear the booster. funny when you vision a build in your mind and it comes together ( years later :D ) how things need to get redone from not meeting your expectations.

i'm still not 100% sure what i like but this would prob. work best for coldest air. something like this was my plan
http://s154.photobucket.com/user/aiche_photos/media/Cars n Stuff/coldair_zpscb718222.jpg.html
i also have polished fabricated valve covers to put on, hopefully they clear the booster. funny when you vision a build in your mind and it comes together ( years later :D ) how things need to get redone from not meeting your expectations.

I'm with you on that. On that car I like the remote filter better. Beautiful job by the way!

-
Back