Mopars at Carlise Pa

-

thomasjkt

Reaction score
Heading to Chryslers at Carlise to find some goodies for my Demon project, been 10+ years since I have been to this Mopar parts flea market, so I am excited to be going back and spending time with other Mopar kin.

My youngest son and I are heading out in about 15 minutes. We have to budget in a water allowance this year, last year it rained like crazy. Rain or shine, I just can't seem to stay away.

was going to go up today but at 105* i said screw that. i hear they have sprinklers running to keep people cool. humidity is going to be twice what it was yesterday too..

Can anyone tell me what it will be like on Sunday. Will I miss a lot by not going in today? How early do the sellers start packing up?

I'm visiting my parents who live 5 miles away. I guess I could go both days. Do you have to pay the entry fee for both days? What do they charge for parking?

I was planning on going, but I cancelled out because of the extreme heat.
I'm kinda bummed because I go every year but two since 1992, but I can't take 100* heat. I would have been miserable!

65DartGTConv, if you are 5 miles away, you'd be nuts not to go for an hour or two each day. Admission is $10 I think. They've raised it in recent years. Park on the street in the residential area by the houses for FREE.

I was planning on going, but I cancelled out because of the extreme heat.
I'm kinda bummed because I go every year but two since 1992, but I can't take 100* heat. I would have been miserable!

65DartGTConv, if you are 5 miles away, you'd be nuts not to go for an hour or two each day. Admission is $10 I think. They've raised it in recent years. Park on the street in the residential area by the houses for FREE.

When I got home yesterday and my wife asked me how it was i said the heat ruined it. I think you made the right call Roadrunner....there's always next year!

Thanks for the pep-talk pacuda59, I feel like I should be there.....lol
Plus, I wanted to meet some people out there - yourself included.
I don't mind temps 85-92 but when they call for 95-102 - big difference for me. Oh well like ya said, next year....

I drove my Barracuda up yesterday early it was 75 out at the time. By 9:00 it was very very hot and got hotter as day went on. Under canopy with breeze not too bad. Out walking around it was just way too hot and today even hotter. One day of that was enough for me plus my car blew a trans leak on the way home but thats another story...

I saw one sprinkler set up down in one of the isles. They really need to get a swimming pool on those fair grounds.

Man, the pool would look like those old pictures of Coney Island where all you see is people and no sand or water...lol

Yep it was freakin hot, things were still over priced like they were 10 years ago when I was last there, but I did find a couple buys. I did see a lot of OEM Dual Snorkel Hood Scoops for decent price but no reproduction ones. I was hoping to find a nice repro one for my Demon. I don't regret going but it was really hot!

We got home about an hour ago. It was so hot the blacktop was sticky, kinda like walkin on a racetrack. I saw a ton of A Body stuff including some real nice rides. Did anyone else check out the dark blue pro-street fastback? Stroked 340, tubbed, caged, very nicely done. It was marked down to $18,000, which is a lot of money, but that car was well worth every penny. I usually make a lap looking for stuff I need, then another looking for stuff that I want, then another for stuff I don't want or need but have to have ( hats, t-shirts, hot wheels, models, stickers, posters). Half way through the first lap we went back out to the truck to get some water ( I took a case of water in a cooler with ice - must be getting old). The thermometer in the truck showed 106* at about 11:00 am. We did a few more rows, ate, finished the vendor rows, took half a lap through the show cars, half a lap through the corral, and got outta Dodge, pardon the pun.

God bless the men and women who have no choice but to endure those temperatures every day in defense of our freedom. I almost started to complain about the heat, then saw an American Flag and felt a little embarrassed that I wanted to complain in the first place.

Also, hats off to the crew at Carlisle for keeping everyone as comfortable as possible by offering clean facilities, clean fairgrounds, and actually standing behind those grilles and keeping everyone fed.

:sad7:When I saw what the temps were going to be I decided to pass on Carlisle. It has been 8 years since I have been there and even then I decided not to go back due to "LACK OF SHADE". I don't mind the heat work in it all day, just need a break every once in a while. They have none!! Well was going to pass on the NATIONALS this year but heading back out for another year. Nice attraction with nationals the show is all in one place. Car show, drag racing and swap. Then the other show down in heath ohio. karma huh?

-
Back