Mopar's best engines. Your opinion and why.

-
i think that all the motors mopar built where great motors
but my favorite was the 383, then it is a toss up between the gen3 hemi and the slant 6

My vote goes to the yet unmentioned V-10 in the Viper platform. Sixteen years of hard spirited driving and nothing but regular oil changes required. (Well.......new tires too) That's durability.

Good choice. I hadn't thought of the v-10 and until I did some investigating, I didn't realize there was much difference between the Viper V-10 and the truck V-10. tmm

That it DEFINITELY sexy Bill!! I've got an extra slant with a SuperSix setup that I wanna use Pishta's "J" pipe turbo idea on! Then to find a car to put it in. Lol

Well, that's a great choice of components.... and, it will fit into anything... the lighter, the better.:blob:

i work in a chrysler dealer and the 3.6 pentastar is not a good reliable engine , very good on gas but the blown head gasket is comon on these engines ..

for my opinion its the 5.9 magnum , the best version of the la-magnum familly , nothing in stock form ( from the la small bocks ) can touch the 5.9 magnum for street use , let it breath just a bit and it gives you 400 hp eyes closed , compare the cam to a 5.2 and take a look how weak it is ..but you got amazing torque , and for the race part , the 360/380 crate as made is name , i have 4 of these engines and they are the best of both worlds , powerfull and extremly reliable

:blob:

Well, that's a great choice of components.... and, it will fit into anything... the lighter, the better.:blob:

There's a solid four door 67 valiant in a local yard that can be had for $300. I'm seriously contemplating getting it. Only problem is there's no paperwork with it but a guy who owns another yard says its real easy to get one.

Anyway, I'm done high jacking this thread now. Lol. Bill (or anybody for that matter) you can pm me if you want with any question, advice or just to carry on this convo.

I've got to vote for the 340, just because when I had mine it took more cubic inches, plus nitrous, to beat it. Just the first one never did. And the combo of more cubes and nitrous only beat me once.

plus, what do people ask you when they see your a-body? No, not if it's a hemi- they ask if it's got a 340.

There's a solid four door 67 valiant in a local yard that can be had for $300. I'm seriously contemplating getting it. Only problem is there's no paperwork with it but a guy who owns another yard says its real easy to get one.

Anyway, I'm done high jacking this thread now. Lol. Bill (or anybody for that matter) you can pm me if you want with any question, advice or just to carry on this convo.

That car would be an excellent roller for a turbo'd slant six... LOTS of room under the hood, if you move the battery to the trunk... and only about 20 pounds heavier than a 2-door...

Cheap, too... :)

Go for it!!!

Attachments

• valleave1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 134
I like the 426 Hemi of course...

Then comes the 340 in 68-71 form. To quote Hemi Greg, "340's are small blocks that don't know it... They keep on pulling all the way to redline..."

Don't forget the Max Wedge... 64 series...

No heat crossovers, nuthin but ports, cross ram intake, tri-Y headers, factory cut outs, 100% volumetric effieiency at 6500 RPM... Arg, arg, arg....

For reliability (and that's my game), I will take a 318 or /6 any day. I remember back in the day that you could buy a used Dodge or Plymouth with 50,000 miles and with minimal maintenance - plugs, wires, dist. cap, rotor & condensor changes every year could get another 50,000 miles easily. Of course they were pretty rusted out by then...
C

That car would be an excellent roller for a turbo'd slant six... LOTS of room under the hood, if you move the battery to the trunk... and only about 20 pounds heavier than a 2-door...

Cheap, too... :)

Go for it!!!

Sounds like a plan! Now to just buy it. Lol

9:1 440 - I had in my 66 D200 Great for towing, great manners but only lasted for a little over 200,000 miles

I would nominate the 2.2 from the K-Car era. Wanna laugh? There were several cars from that era that are wicked fast and their light weight makes it very easy to accelerate. The Shelby CSX-T, Omni GLH, Shelby GLHS, Turbo Caravan, all are forgotten and often stepped on today. Purists and collectors turn up their noses to them. I think its because they all are front wheel drive four cylinders. Just can't face the facts LOL! The upside to the collectors not wanting these 30yr old cars is that it leaves more for me haha. But these engines helped Chrysler is a time when they needed it. Before this engine came around, the only 4 cylinder Chrysler offered was a Volkswagen 1.7!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e9XjOCL-cE"]Ugly Old Omni vs a Cobra Mustang - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ieTRLhvv_c"]2010 PINKS All Out Norwalk - Reeves' GLH-T 11.32 @ 125mph - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M"]Worlds Fastest Turbo Dodge Shelby Charger 8v 4cyl Omni - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back