Mopars in the valley, who's going?

-
I'm going. Just FYI the mopar show and racing is on Sat. Sunday is an all comers car show, racing and parts swap. I'm probably just going to the mopar show on Sat. There is going to be the FAST class running which is awesome. Hope to see everyone there. I'll have the 67 GTS.

Carl

We're leaving here about 7am. My son & I will be in a dark blue 1990 Power Ram. Hope the weather holds out; it sure is a long ride.

Geo

Yeah, I was there at 8:00 am. Did buy a few things so not a totaly wasted trip. I wish we could have got a refund on our entrance fee or no fee for the 13th with our ticket from today.

Damn rain
They Called it at 9:30 am
If they're gonna "call it", they need to call it WAY before 9:30 when they have people driving for hundreds of miles to get there. We left here at 7am.
Yeah, I was there at 8:00 am. Did buy a few things so not a totaly wasted trip. I wish we could have got a refund on our entrance fee or no fee for the 13th with our ticket from today.
Complete and total waste of my whole day, and $100 in fuel, plus $17 to enter the show to park my truck there for less than 2 hours.

I think LVD should either consider having the Mopar show IN THE SUMMER like all the rest of the big shows, or not at all. The same damned thing happened last year.
Guess whether or not I'll be there in 2013?

From Facebook............

The Mopar Show for today has been rained out and rescheduled for Sat. October 13.

8 hours ago (10am)

<LI id=stream_story_50676ee793a0b5d86588357 class="uiUnifiedStory uiStreamStory genericStreamStory aid_161405340042 uiListItem" data-ft='{"src":9,"sty":22,"actrs":"161405340042","pub_time":1348915588,"fbid":"10152129922055043","s_obj":11,"s_edge":1,"s_prnt":11,"ft_story_name":"StreamStoryCreateGeneric_StatusStreamContent","object_timeline_token_map":{"10152129922055043":["161405340042:10152129922055043:"]},"page_post_create_time":1348915588,"page_id":"161405340042"}'>Lebanon Valley Dragway

Yes we are racing today !!!!! Weather is looking better ......

11 hours ago (7am)

If they're gonna "call it", they need to call it WAY before 9:30 when they have people driving for hundreds of miles to get there. We left here at 7am.

Complete and total waste of my whole day, and $100 in fuel, plus $17 to enter the show to park my truck there for less than 2 hours.

I think LVD should either consider having the Mopar show IN THE SUMMER like all the rest of the big shows, or not at all. The same damned thing happened last year.
Guess whether or not I'll be there in 2013?

From Facebook............

The Mopar Show for today has been rained out and rescheduled for Sat. October 13.

I think the time frame is perfect. If it was in the summer, everyone would ***** because it is too hot. When the weather is right, there are enough Mopar's to fill all the staging lanes and the show car area is completely full. It's an outside sport, we have to deal with what we get.

Unfortunately, I cannot make it on the 13th. Good luck to all who attends!!

I have to agree with the other posts. That if they are going to call it please try to call early early in the am. I drove two hrs each way, wasted $100 dollars in gas and more than 1/2 a day. The real irritating thing was that the weather was holding out and mostly dry until I was about 20 miles from the track then it started to rain and continued to be wet and rainy. Then after I left when I was about 20 miles or so from the track it was dry as could be all the way home to CT. Talk about a kick in the ***.

Carl

They don't call it "rain valley" for nothing. My rule of thumb is it has to be forcasted to be dry the day before and the day of the event for me to go. Been Burnt too many times for the same reason.

Unfortunately this time we were not able to go due to us having to put our beloved dog to sleep early Saturday morning :(

I too made a 2 hour drive each way. Weather.com showed 5% chance of rain, I guess it will have to be 0% on the 13th.

I think the time frame is perfect. If it was in the summer, everyone would ***** because it is too hot. When the weather is right, there are enough Mopar's to fill all the staging lanes and the show car area is completely full. It's an outside sport, we have to deal with what we get.

Unfortunately, I cannot make it on the 13th. Good luck to all who attends!!
Well, I guess everyone at both Musclepalooza events, all the other name brand specific events & the Dover reunion event all complain about heat? Maybe Mopar guys are more sensitive to heat?? LOL
I understand what you're saying, but here in New England, fall usually means wet weather. I have been to the Mopar show on dry days, and IF it's nice out (not too often) it's a great day, but even when it's not raining, there's almost always a threat of rain.
I have to agree with the other posts. That if they are going to call it please try to call early early in the am. I drove two hrs each way, wasted $100 dollars in gas and more than 1/2 a day. The real irritating thing was that the weather was holding out and mostly dry until I was about 20 miles from the track then it started to rain and continued to be wet and rainy. Then after I left when I was about 20 miles or so from the track it was dry as could be all the way home to CT. Talk about a kick in the ***.

Carl
Carl, my son & I saw the same thing. About 15 to 20 minutes away the roads were dry, and it stayed that way all the way to Trumbull. My wife said it didn't rain all day here at the house.
They don't call it "rain valley" for nothing. My rule of thumb is it has to be forcasted to be dry the day before and the day of the event for me to go. Been Burnt too many times for the same reason.

Unfortunately this time we were not able to go due to us having to put our beloved dog to sleep early Saturday morning :(
I should have known better anyway. I've been going to The Valley for over 20 years, and if there's any shot at rain, it'll rain up there. I guess it's from the mountains across the street.
Sorry to read about your best friend. Hang in there, bud.

George

Sorry to read about your best friend. Hang in there, bud.

George

Thank you! It is still hard to deal with. :(

My last attempt at the Valley will be the 20th. After that, I have to put everything away.

I got there with the superbird, and parked it, and just as I walked up to the tent, they canceled the show.....bummer, I don't think I can make it back there on the 13th. It really sucks as I was supposed to be in a photo shoot with a guy who has a 73 monaco police cruiser, for Mopar Action magazine.

I got there with the superbird, and parked it, and just as I walked up to the tent, they canceled the show.....bummer, I don't think I can make it back there on the 13th. It really sucks as I was supposed to be in a photo shoot with a guy who has a 73 monaco police cruiser, for Mopar Action magazine.
I saw your car parked with the coyote in the driver's seat. I didn't know it was a FABO car at the time, but it sure did look GOOD.

I aint going back until next summer. It's too damned far away to go more than 3 times a year.
Ya know, when I was a kid, CT Dragway was open every Saturday & Sunday. It was just about an hour from home. Hell, we used to drive up there in the morning, race our cars, then drive back home and be home early enough to do something else.

Now it has to be planned out a week ahead because it's so far from Trumbull that it kinda takes the fun out of it for me. Besides that, the cost of fuel is absolutely insane. That piss they sell today aint even worth $2.00 a gallon, nevermind $4.10. Combine that cost with the entry fee, and food for me & my kid...well you get the idea.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a blast on the 13th. Take a bunch of pictures for us less-fortunates that will miss the show. I hope the weather is superb for ya's..

George

want to go car is 90 percent there, actualy put a temp plate on it for some street testing because i saw the rain coming in for the 29th. the drive train is awsome a true animal but the handling is another story scary as hell so im working on the front suspension if not the 13th, car will be 100% by spring 2013 good luck guys.

I saw your car parked with the coyote in the driver's seat. I didn't know it was a FABO car at the time, but it sure did look GOOD.

I aint going back until next summer. It's too damned far away to go more than 3 times a year.
Ya know, when I was a kid, CT Dragway was open every Saturday & Sunday. It was just about an hour from home. Hell, we used to drive up there in the morning, race our cars, then drive back home and be home early enough to do something else.

Now it has to be planned out a week ahead because it's so far from Trumbull that it kinda takes the fun out of it for me. Besides that, the cost of fuel is absolutely insane. That piss they sell today aint even worth $2.00 a gallon, nevermind $4.10. Combine that cost with the entry fee, and food for me & my kid...well you get the idea.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a blast on the 13th. Take a bunch of pictures for us less-fortunates that will miss the show. I hope the weather is superb for ya's..

George
yes George I to wish Ct. dragway was still in operation I went there until it closed in 86 its less than a half hour from me. i to feel the pinch of going up to the valley on sept. 1, i rented a uhaul trailer 60 bucks filled my 2003 ram 100 bucks stoped for food plus tolls ,only to have John the tech guy, not let me run my duster due to some small safty issues long story short 200 bucks down the drain,ct.realy need a drag strip

yes George I to wish Ct. dragway was still in operation I went there until it closed in 86 its less than a half hour from me. i to feel the pinch of going up to the valley on sept. 1, i rented a uhaul trailer 60 bucks filled my 2003 ram 100 bucks stoped for food plus tolls ,only to have John the tech guy, not let me run my duster due to some small safty issues long story short 200 bucks down the drain,ct.realy need a drag strip
.....And that's it in a nutshell.
I can understand failing tech if it's a safety issue, but I can also understand your frustration as the owner/operator of that car being turned away. It's VERY expensive just to go to the drags with your kid on a Sunday these days.
CT Dragway was a GREAT, FUN place, and when I was there, I felt as comfortable as I did in my own backyard. I could drive there, race all day, drive home and including fuel & food I bet I didn't spend $20.
I started going there in the mid to late 70's, and I bet I can count the weekends I missed on one hand until it closed. In fact, I was even there for the yearly spring swapmeet a week before it was sold all those years ago.

My son (13 years old) asked me to take him up to the old CT Dragway site one weekend this fall, just so he can see where it was and kinda get a feel for the place. I doubt I'd recognize anything up there anymore as I'm sure the roads leading to the place are now overbuilt with new houses, and I know the old tractor tires/entrance gate are gone, and have been reconfigured. Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't even be able to see into the facility now.

Too bad they sold it. When I was there, I felt like I was visiting family.

This bullshit state will never allow a drag strip within its borders. Only thing they like here is "curling up by the fire with a good book", and don't want anything to do with noise, or smelly tire smoke. All they care about is money. As far as they're concerned (they being the legislators as well as residents) we can go pound sand up our butts with a steam-shovel.

George

.....And that's it in a nutshell.
I can understand failing tech if it's a safety issue, but I can also understand your frustration as the owner/operator of that car being turned away. It's VERY expensive just to go to the drags with your kid on a Sunday these days.
CT Dragway was a GREAT, FUN place, and when I was there, I felt as comfortable as I did in my own backyard. I could drive there, race all day, drive home and including fuel & food I bet I didn't spend $20.
I started going there in the mid to late 70's, and I bet I can count the weekends I missed on one hand until it closed. In fact, I was even there for the yearly spring swapmeet a week before it was sold all those years ago.

My son (13 years old) asked me to take him up to the old CT Dragway site one weekend this fall, just so he can see where it was and kinda get a feel for the place. I doubt I'd recognize anything up there anymore as I'm sure the roads leading to the place are now overbuilt with new houses, and I know the old tractor tires/entrance gate are gone, and have been reconfigured. Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't even be able to see into the facility now.

Too bad they sold it. When I was there, I felt like I was visiting family.

George
yes there are new homes in the area but i heard the track is still there used for some sort of testing im going to research it further ,either way ct needs a drag strip the cost of building a car is bad enough and to have to travel over 2 hours towing with a truck that gets 15 mph if im lucky just adds to the cost but i wiill get this car down the track or die tring. maybe ill see you there someday

yes there are new homes in the area but i heard the track is still there used for some sort of testing im going to research it further ,either way ct needs a drag strip the cost of building a car is bad enough and to have to travel over 2 hours towing with a truck that gets 15 mph if im lucky just adds to the cost but i wiill get this car down the track or die tring. maybe ill see you there someday

AFAIK, consumer reports uses the track for it's car testing now. And it doesn't look like I'll make it up there now.

It would be nice to meet you.
AFAIK, consumer reports uses the track for it's car testing now. And it doesn't look like I'll make it up there now.
Yep. Consumer Reports uses the facility to test new ****-boxes, but the actual "track" is not like it was based on ariel pix I've seen. They test cornering, wet traction, straight line braking etc.
There's NO WAY they'll ever let anyone hold a racing event there ever again. Besides the liability concerns and the neighbors, it is no longer zoned for a racing facility.
All that's left are memories.

George

Weather.com says 10% chance of rain so that must be about a 50/50 chance of a down pour at Lebanon Valley Dragway

-
Back