moparts= arrogant

-
There is some good info on Moparts, but I have never tempted fate by asking a question there. God forbid I mess up on some of the slang. My guess is Moparts has more retired guys with much time on their hands, who recall the glory days of climbing under their cars, plus racers who enjoy getting in people's faces.

FABO is much better than the other car sites I visit. FCBO has much less tech info and a few old guys that turn every post asking a question into side reminisces about places they've been. A M-B site has fussy purists much worse than moparts, with people insisting you must buy only original over-priced parts and torque every hose clamp in N-m. Most Mopar minivan sites have housewifes asking a question about why their van wouldn't start (no gas?), then instead of listening to answers, fuss about how inconvenient it was because they had to take mom to the doctor and threaten to never buy a Chrysler again. Oops, I'm ranting again, but at least we apologize here.

I check out moparts from time to time. Are some descent guys to deal with on there as well as some arrogant know it alls. It is asinine making fun of someone's spelling. I often type o on my phone. Touch screens are a pain w fat fingers. Lol!!! A bodies only all the way for me.....

There are so many worse messageboards than Moparts.
A couple of years ago, I was looking for some Jeep info, so I joined a Jeep board. I asked some technical questions about a bad fuel gauge. I got nothing but bad responses: "don't bother us new guy, use the search" , "mine doesn't work either!", "they never work", "fill up every 200 miles" and best of all "just carry a jerry can".
We've got it pretty good in the Mopar world.

Yeah, so right I owned a Jeep and thought I would join the forum and gather data. Wow those guys torn me a new one. They were relentless at least the one I was on. I asked about building my Dana 30 front axle and got repsonses like "Get a real axle bud and then come back". Not sure what the hell was going on with that sort of comment.

I've had my share of bad experiences at moparts, but there's plenty of "car prejudice" around here, too.

Mention hopping up a slant six, or (God forbid) customizing your sacred A-body to your own tastes, and you can count the seconds until a "don't waste your time, swap in a V-8" or "leave it stock!" comment pops up.

There are good (respectful) and bad (non-respectful) folks on every forum. Expressing an opinion is what it's all about. I just don't understand why some folks have to dismiss my opinion in order to validate their own.

I asked about building my Dana 30 front axle and got repsonses like "Get a real axle bud and then come back"..

LOL I could see that if it was a 23

But "we" have the same thing here. Everytime I dare mention the 9" under my Dart I catch flack, ............even though the vast majority of the pubic, and even quite a few "car guys" don't and won't notice.

But I'M the one laughing, because I didn't spend a small fortune building a 60, and that thing will unbolt real easy if the opportunity comes up!!!!

-
Back