more corner carver action!

-
Looks awesome man! Good to see someone actually driving their car, instead of typing about it like most guys do. HAHA. Keep it up.

thanks guys! i am working on loading the track video now to youtube. i usually finish midpack on the road course and upper times in the autocross. the auto-x this time was like a mini-road course! i am a little behind with a carbed 400 hp motor and less suspension,but the car really impresses people when they see the times. detroit speed equiped camaros are a handful to keep up with! i won the Ridetech Renegade award and i have $500 towards ridetech parts,so i am thinking 4 link coilover rear! i talked to them yesterday and i am meeting them at nashville goodguys to auto-x and so they can look at the car.

the next time you come to kershaw to run that course again send me a pm so i can watch and cheer you on i only live a couple of miles away some days i can hear cars running at my house my moms house where i grew up is only about half a mile straight behind track nice car you have sandy

Same deal here in Sacramento. Local A-X, not many vintage Mopars. Besides mine, I have seen a 67-68 Barracuda and that's it.

Attachments

• AxDart5-19-12frjpgVer1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 346
  • AxDart5-19-12rfVer1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 348
Same deal here in Sacramento. Local A-X, not many vintage Mopars. Besides mine, I have seen a 67-68 Barracuda and that's it.

what are the details on your build? what is the meet or group/club your guys get together called? Im somewhat local...Gilroy, south of san jose...

Dude 318- Nothing special done to my car. A lot of little stuff. Basic stk 340-727-8.75. Exh manifolds & stk exhaust coming out of car now...fighting with Heddman 78500 short tube headers. (not recommended). 3.23SG with shortened D100 axles in A-body housing. 10x2.5 brakes. I don't like the Green bearings. 11.75 rotors that I turned a 45 degree chamfer on the hub to fit the Moostang wheels. I still have to run an 1/8" spacer up front but everything clears fine. 5/16 spacer in rear to run the Ford wheels. PST solid front sway bar (custom fabbed mtg brackets) and 3/4 rear. PST 1.03 t-bars. Pwr steering with std idler-pitman arms. 340 leaf springs with B-E shackles and urethene bushings. I am sure I am forgetting something, but that the basic picture. Car handles very well, but running the 15x7 wheels and 215/60 tires, can't keep up with "current wheels and tires" cars. I am saving up for new tires for the 17x8 wheels, and expect to hit it again in spring, both auto-X and open track days. Currently, I have run auto-X at Vegas MATS, and SCCA Sacramento chapter. When you get your B-Cuda running, lets get out there!

Attachments

• DartBullittLR80.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 292
  • BigRotorsVer1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 314
  • AxDart5-19-12ls1ver1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 299
Dude 318- Nothing special done to my car. A lot of little stuff. Basic stk 340-727-8.75. Exh manifolds & stk exhaust coming out of car now...fighting with Heddman 78500 short tube headers. (not recommended). 3.23SG with shortened D100 axles in A-body housing. 10x2.5 brakes. I don't like the Green bearings. 11.75 rotors that I turned a 45 degree chamfer on the hub to fit the Moostang wheels. I still have to run an 1/8" spacer up front but everything clears fine. 5/16 spacer in rear to run the Ford wheels. PST solid front sway bar (custom fabbed mtg brackets) and 3/4 rear. PST 1.03 t-bars. Pwr steering with std idler-pitman arms. 340 leaf springs with B-E shackles and urethene bushings. I am sure I am forgetting something, but that the basic picture. Car handles very well, but running the 15x7 wheels and 215/60 tires, can't keep up with "current wheels and tires" cars. I am saving up for new tires for the 17x8 wheels, and expect to hit it again in spring, both auto-X and open track days. Currently, I have run auto-X at Vegas MATS, and SCCA Sacramento chapter. When you get your B-Cuda running, lets get out there!

Cool build. Were you at the MATS this year? I was there. Hoping to be there with the 65 Barracuda ready to rumble next year, if they have it. John

you may see my duster out at one of those sacramento auto-x's once i finally get the bugs worked out of it.

and yes, i feel your pain on those headers. I regret having them on my car and i'm gonna axe them for the hedman shorties next time i need to do anything with the k-member.

Badart- I WAS at MATS this year. My first time, since I had just got the car back on the road since yr 2000. I made only three passes on the A-X course, because I was un-sure of how durable the car was going to be. I had just got the car running and my son and I headed for Vegas. Quite the gamble for our shake-down run. 500+ miles from home. Hope to see you at MATS 2013!
Magnumdust- Hope I see you at some Sac A-X next spring.

Attachments

• autocross2-ver1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 290
  • MatsSnowV1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 277
  • MatsMirrorV1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 260
Very cool! My car DOES run and drive. In fact I drove it today! I just need to install subframe connectors....with all my suspension mods, stiffer torsion bars, sway bars and shocks, my cars body feels like a limp noodle, and makes much much creaks and rattles....really annoying.....

WOW Any big cars in this, like a Cordoba or Charger?

-
Back