motor and trans suggestions

-

68ddart

Reaction score
anybody have any ideas? i have a 68 dart ..i have a 1970 340 to rebuild and havent bought a automatic trans yet, wanted a six pack and wanted to run pump gas and want it to be as powerful as possible without breaking the bank.i just purchased a 355 dana and have a 70 340 to rebuild and can use the x or j heads ...will use stock hp 340 exaust manifolds or tti...i want to drive it every day ,looking for any ideas ,intake, carb, cam,heads ,trans?? thats just enough but not over kill that will let me enjoy it rather than keep it under the car cover ...thanks

I would build the 340 with a 4" stroker kit. They are very cost friendly and make a bunch of torque for the street. Run the 727 with a 2800 converter. With your 3.55 gears this will make a good street friendly ride. Contact Hughes engines and give them your combo and let them suggest a cam.

i want to spend my money wisley and not waste on anything that wont give me the fast driver ..i will assume that the six pack would be a bad choice because of price but would look great..not sure

Pick a HP goal and build to that goal. Have an ET/MPH goal for the 1/4 mile? Car and weight? Some think 350hp is a strong engine, others think that's barely daily driver level.

The six pack will not make as much power as a single 4 barrel in most every case, BUT, they look cool.

-
Back