Moving for a new job

-

Claudius

Reaction score
After >15 months without a job, I was invited to an interview for a position in Forest, VA in mid-May. The interview went very well.

Unfortunately, my wife and children left while I was away and I have not seen them in a month. For many reasons, life between us had been getting more and more difficult and being out of work for so long was just one more on the growing pile of hurts.

With no other job prospects, I accepted the position and I expect to start somewhere around the middle of July. The company is a good one (Andrew) and the turnover at the facility is very, very low (~2%). I could not have asked to be treated any better than I was in all of the interaction that I have had with them. The position represents a promotion to a Senior level of engineering and I anticipate being able to finally work in a healthy corporate culture. (That was something I had never seen before...)

Both my wife and I have never really recovered from the very traumatic pasts we had endured, making our adult lives together less than optimal. For now, I will ask for any prayers and/or kind thoughts that you may have be directed our way so that we can one day be a family again.

The greater Lynchburg, VA region appears to be a very solid community and I look forward to meeting people and making friends there. For now, the Barracuda will remain here until we decide what will happen between us.

Is there anyone on the FABO site from the Lynchburg, VA area?

Best of luck with the new job, gotta a feeling you'll like VA. Sincerely hope the family situation improves.

Good luck with the new job. Canuckville is losing a valuable member. Hope all works out for you and yours.

You'll only be 700 miles from me brother:-D. After you get settled in we need to get together. Hopefully by that time our families can meet. Always in my prayers, Christopher

Good Luck to you, trust me I know how hard it is to even think about moving to a new area and job

Best of luck with your career.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Later,
Bruce B.

Sorry to see another Canuck go. Hopefully it is all works out for the better. Prayers sent for you and your family.

Sorry to see ya leave us.Congrats on the new job and good luck with your family matters.8)

Maybe you can educate some of those Virginians in American history, they will be blown away by your knowledge, especially from a Canadian.

Prayers sent for you and your family and I hope it all works out for the better.

Sending you the best of luck and prayers that everything works out as it's meant to. Congrats on landing the new job! We'll all be pulling for you.

Good luck, I wish you all the best with the new job and particularly with the family situation

I hope everything works out for the best with your job and family Claudius
We will keep you and your family in our prayers here on the hill bud :happy10:
Some times a new start is all it takes to get things going again :happy10:

Claud! OMG! Sorry to hear about the family and things like that! That is really tuff on the brain. GOD bless ya for trudging on. YOU GO BOY!

I have a freind that used to live there for many years. (Semi Hemi over at FBBO, low poster, contact him for some info. He's not a big talker or time giver, but he'll give ya some tips.) I have been around that area more than a few times. I liked it alot, great area IMO with good peoples there. I just gotta find more than one sandwhich shop with Bores Head cold cuts. (Daaaaaa best!)

(Hey! I didn't get beat up for being a NY'er with a bad attiude, LOL...just kidding...)

Now that your gonna be working again, perhaps things will change up for you.

Theres a couple of collages in the area of this growing city. Right along side the low rolling mountains, it's a really nice area. Take a drive along the Sky-line drive/ Blue ridge Hwy. for some really nice sights. I did that on my bike....somew of it at least. It's long.

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who offered the support and encouragement in your postings.

Things are only moving as fast as the corporate team can trudge w.r.t. immigration, etc. In the mean time, I waited patiently for weather >15C (>59F) to apply paint to various components. It has not been a warm month of June at all.

On the "up" side, my wife does want to work toward a reconciliation but I will probably not be hearing from her directly for a couple more weeks. Her friend is keeping me updated as best she can when my wife calls her.

I have been getting good support and help to make the kind of changes that will be helpful moving forward, both personally and professionally. I think that being out of each other's faces for a bit will help us both to calm down and think more positively about the situation.

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who offered the support and encouragement in your postings.

Things are only moving as fast as the corporate team can trudge w.r.t. immigration, etc. In the mean time, I waited patiently for weather >15C (>59F) to apply paint to various components. It has not been a warm month of June at all.

On the "up" side, my wife does want to work toward a reconciliation but I will probably not be hearing from her directly for a couple more weeks. Her friend is keeping me updated as best she can when my wife calls her.

I have been getting good support and help to make the kind of changes that will be helpful moving forward, both personally and professionally. I think that being out of each other's faces for a bit will help us both to calm down and think more positively about the situation.

Good for you in doing so!

Keep the Faith, bud.

Sorry to hear of all of the marital issues you have to deal with. Remember if you love someone, set her free, if she really loves you then she will return. As for your pending relocation to Virginia, Go for it!!!!!!! You will find that there are a LOT of good kind people in the South. Having moved from Massachusetts to North Carolina in 2007, and then losing my home to a fire in Oct of 2008, and having NO Family here, we have been blessed with the most kind hearted people you could ever meet and not just because of what happened to us. but for the way that people down here treat you, the kindness and genuine concern has blown us away and we will NEVER move back up North. Living here takes some time to get used to, but give it some time and you will see. I am Just South of you in Clayton, N.C. Hit me up in P.M. and maybe after you get settled in, we could meet. There are a LOT of cruise ins, and shows down here and most of them run from March to November and even into December. Good luck with the new job and prayers sent that she will be back to you sooner than later.

-
Back