Moving to Georgia

-
Let me suggest very strongly that you get up early in the AM on one morning in an area that you might want to live in (like SW of East Point) and 'make the commute' inbound. Then do the same outbound in the afternoon/evening to another possible living area. Atlanta commuting traffic can be really bad..... I mean REALLY bad.
Ill check out McDonough and Locust Grove. How do you guys feel about Newnan or surrounding area? its closer to 85 about 40min southwest of the city. Im just looking at the google maps at this point and looking for logical locations for commute. Griffin maybe a nice location but it puts 30 mins onto the commute it being a little more to the east.

No kidding that would be a nice convenience. I wouldn't have to spend an extra 95 dollars to buy a 5 dollar part just to save on shipping. Whos done that before?
I’ve been to tht store while on vacation.
Had to do it!
An old high school friend is in Newnan. He loves it there. Works in the city. He does make mentions of the tough commute during the peak hours, but also states it’s not as bad as back home (Long Island) except if there is an accident.

Year old thread but thanks for the input. I ended up in sharpsburg ga bought a house. Rent around here is crazy, I figured I just buy another house. Still settling in after 7 months house needs a lot of work. MEPS....I remember my old recruiter days.

Sorry for reviving the thread, new to the site and looking at who and what are in the surrounding areas. Seeing that you were also military thought I’d give a shout out. Glad things are progressing and home projects are one way to keep busy!

Sherman burned Atlanta.
From what I've seen of the place the past few times I've been, he needs to do it again.

Sorry for reviving the thread, new to the site and looking at who and what are in the surrounding areas. Seeing that you were also military thought I’d give a shout out. Glad things are progressing and home projects are one way to keep busy!
No problem I’m in the Army 19.5 years CW3 construction engineer technician getting ready to retire, I gotta figure out what I’m going to do when I grow up afterwards. Probably stay around here till my kids graduate high school. Hopefully, I have more time working on my car. Anyways welcome to the board. Great knowledgeable people around here.

Year old thread but thanks for the input. I ended up in sharpsburg ga bought a house. Rent around here is crazy, I figured I just buy another house. Still settling in after 7 months house needs a lot of work. MEPS....I remember my old recruiter days.

Awesome man! That's not too far from me. We should meet for coffee sometime.

No problem I’m in the Army 19.5 years CW3 construction engineer technician getting ready to retire, I gotta figure out what I’m going to do when I grow up afterwards. Probably stay around here till my kids graduate high school. Hopefully, I have more time working on my car. Anyways welcome to the board. Great knowledgeable people around here.
You're a CW3?
I always heard you guys existed, but I've never actually seen one. Kinda like bigfoot or unicorns!
:)

Awesome man! That's not too far from me. We should meet for coffee sometime.
Rusty we should definitely do that sometime. I met 72dart when I first moved here he lives next town over. I bought a 727 from him. He has since retired and sold his car not sure if he’s still active here.

Rusty we should definitely do that sometime. I met 72dart when I first moved here he lives next town over. I bought a 727 from him. He has since retired and sold his car not sure if he’s still active here.

We'll have to include him too. Looks like Forsyth is a good halfway point. I can do it most any week.

Hey we can do a threesome. No that doesn't sound right. I have a permanent park model in Perry Ga. that I'm at often.

Glad you found a place...Good!!
Boys and Mom are in Florida...love the Eglin area!!
You've never told us though...where did the Barracuda end up??
We have our need for information priorities!!:lol:

PS retired Army Guard...the monthly retirement check and health insurance is nice!! Your almost there!!

Last edited:
Glad you found a place. Boys and Mom are in Florida...love the Eglin area!!
You've never told us...where did the Barracuda end up??
We have our priorities!!:lol:

PS retired Army Guard...the monthly retirement check and health insurance is nice!! Your almost there!!
The boys and wife moved here with me. Rented out the Florida home to a buddy. Brought the car here with me. Currently it’s up on jack stands longing for the day I can finish. Also, the transmission is acting funky, I was going to drop the valve body and put in a shift kit, tighten the bands and pray it has some life left in it. It really needs a full rebuild and higher stall. The shift will finish off it needs a rebuild. LOL!!!

I'm just finishing up a four month interior dash and engine bay cleanup. The done list is 38 items long.
My wife asked told me I'll never be done, always something to do. At least she understands and supports my problem...haha.
I told her I'll be done when I sell it...which won't be any time soon!!

-
Back