MRL King of the Hill Street SBM

-
like mike said just go to the solid roller if your looking for even more power ...if you need that much going threw the valves every 500 miles is nothing ...lol

It's not all in the efi but it compliments it well, it adds a lot to the longevity and streetability. It's just another way to make good reliable power.

Still on Vacation, but have a few minutes to post reply. I will try and answer these questions in one post

Crank is a SCAt 9000 cast steel 4.00 stroke

4.25 stroke in a SBM to me is a very Bad idea, longevity will suffer. You will either have a real bad rod ratio or a piston with no skirt. Rod ratio does make a BIG difference if the rod angle gets to bad, it will try and put that rod right thru the side of the block

Drivability is about the same as the CC

Did not run a carb, but the best carb combo made 520-530

This build is not for everyone. And its not a Simple put it together build either. There are things done to this engine you don't see and will never get in those cookie cutter "crate" engines. Not to mention they will not make this kind of power with this kind of drivability. The list of things this engine meets to make it streetable is not one I made up, but from talking to you guys, HUNDEREDS of you over the last 20 years or so. This is what a lot of you want. It has taken me years of tweaking, applying new processes and products and many MANY hours of dyno testing to get this combo where its at. Is the most powerful thing out there? Hell NO. Can it make more? Hell YES. If we were to swap the hydraulic roller for a solid roller this combo would make 600/600+!

Cost for THIS build was in the $12-$13K range, depending on options. Complete from T-Body to oil pan, entire EFI system with fuel pump/system, dual sync dist, Dyno tuned and ready to Rock! Yes its a bit out there in cost, but this is not your Standard SBM build. I am proud of this build, it hits all marks and is just a sweetheart of a runner. When I get another Mopar this is what Im going to build and put in it for myself!

You get,what you pay for.... Good hot rod engines,cost money.

once again another awesome build, what kind of flow are you :blob:getting out of the fully worked pro comps

RAMM

On the rod ratio I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one. I have seen to many cracked cylinders from to short a rod for a stroke. The angle just gets out of hand. But that's how I see it. And its different for an all out race engine than a high mileage street engine. I have to think about life cycles as well, how many 1/4 mile passes or laps are there in 5000 miles of summer fun driving? You would never let a race engine go that long before a refresh in Most cases.

Yes a nice single plane intake would most likely get the peak HP to 600, that's not the point with this build, it would hurt to much of the low end torque. A good solid roller would give up nothing and still make all the top and low end power.

better make sure this is tucked away somewhere safe when I come over on Tuesday Mike...unless you are looking for a test mule to put this in?

Another great build by Mike at MRL. A nice 360 Cruiser putting out 438HP and 456tq. Can't wait to get her home and into my car. We're into the third period of the cruising season up here already. Should be a lot of fun at the border. Thanx again Mike!
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0529.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 448
Nice job.

I also agree that my 340 that you built is streetable, doesn't overheat and is daily driver reliable if I needed it. 2 years, 2500 miles, still running fantastic.

Going EFI on mine here soon. Doing MS3Pro with SFI/MPFI. Want to improve cold weather driveability and improve the fuel mileage (even with a 750 dbl pumper I'm getting 13+ with mostly city). Hope someone else has had one built like mine. What a gem.

Another great build by Mike at MRL. A nice 360 Cruiser putting out 438HP and 456tq. Can't wait to get her home and into my car. We're into the third period of the cruising season up here already. Should be a lot of fun at the border. Thanx again Mike!
[/ATTACH]

Its on its way!

Mike just would like to know what your procomp fully ported heads run for? I would like to replace my tired old x-heads.

I just finished my resto last week, running a MRL 408 stroker 512HP/519TQ
The car runs strong on 94 octane and great mileage. Uses about the same amount of fuel as my 03 Hemi RAM

Thanks Mike !

Holly Crap! Can I have that car? LOL That thing is my dream car and its the right color! Im honored that one of my babies is in such a freaking Kick *** Dart!

The car runs strong on 94 octane and great mileage. Uses about the same amount of fuel as my 03 Hemi RAM

Thanks Mike !

Great looking car!! Waiting for the money to start with mine: 68 GTS

Attachments

• IMG_20150425_190855.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20150425_192627.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 354
[/ATTACH]

Is it bad that I'm more interested in this? Mike, how much torque can/have you got out of a stock stroke 360? Kinda like your 630lb/ft stroker build, but stock stroke?

Thanks Mike !

WOW! this is by far one of the nicest darts I've ever seen, I love it!

Great job

I remember seeing that one when I dropped of my 360 block (any progress there?)
(the two tone paint on the intake stood out)

nice looking motor

-
Back