Muahhahaha :D

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Went for a nice drive earlier this evening from my house up to Jerome over hwy 89A (fun fun road) and then down the other side and through the Verde Valley (98 degrees after dark) then over to I17, up the big a** hill at 75-80mph and then looped back up home again.
Hottest the car has ever gotten at 220.
It was 100 degrees out and I was climbing a windy road with 15 and 20mph corners every couple of hundred feet, so I was kind of pushing it to see how it reacted.
It did great I think.

The car is clearly earning it's name "The Predator"

SANY0011.JPG

SANY0008.JPG

SANY0010.JPG

SANY0012.JPG

Aircraft landing lights. 4537s, that's what I used to use.

First time I ever saw a pair of 'em was in the fall of 1968, at Treasure Island, CA, in a 65 Chevelle. it was owned by the guy who would in the future be the first owner of my 70 RR

"Example photo" LOL

41043may036.JPG

Aircraft landing lights. 4537s, that's what I used to use.

First time I ever saw a pair of 'em was in the fall of 1968, at Treasure Island, CA, in a 65 Chevelle. it was owned by the guy who would in the future be the first owner of my 70 RR

"Example photo" LOL

The lights work fine Del I think the camera flash has something to do with the looks of the lighting.
That picture was about the MPH and RPM's

I love that red dart .......just sweet looking

Thank you Rani, I'm fairly attached to it myself.

in order for it to be a predator it needs to be preying on something....what did it catch?

Man that car looks great ! What type of scoop is that? It looks like it belongs there.(double secret,special factory option). Oh the view was stunning too

in order for it to be a predator it needs to be preying on something....what did it catch?

It caught and blew by everything on that road no problem, but I did find that I need a higher volume fuel pump.
There is one passing section on that road and I was being nice and giving the car in front of me plenty of room for a couple of miles and when that passing area (not a lane, but just the dotted line) on a section about 100yds long came up and I dropped it into low at 35 and nailed it.
Right as I went by him it felt a little weak and sputtered with an A/F reading of about 22:1
After pulling a steep grade and then nailing it the fuel just wasn't there.

ya know... I have to say it - - the car looks good :thumbsup: even with the Ford scoop...
Thank you Mike, and even though my favorite mopar was my 69 Roadrunner 440 I'm getting pretty attached to this Dart.

Man that car looks great ! What type of scoop is that? It looks like it belongs there.(double secret,special factory option). Oh the view was stunning too

I went through pictures for quite awhile before I settled on that scoop, and it's a fiberglass functional 1970 Mustang Mach 1 scoop molded to the hood with fiberglass.
It bolts down, but I didn't want any seams.

hoodscoop.jpg

Not bad at all for a beaker :D I love how everything you do on that car is about functionality.

I went through pictures for quite awhile before I settled on that scoop, and it's a fiberglass functional 1970 Mustang Mach 1 scoop molded to the hood with fiberglass.
It bolts down, but I didn't want any seams.

OH OH maybe you should of PM'd me that, the purist's just felt a tremor in the force. I personally believe in "My car, My way ". Not only do you have that unique factor, ascetically it fits perfectly.

I love Jerome AZ. Sounds like a nice cruise! BTW the wife and I will be out there in Sept. Definitely goingnto take her to the old ghost town up on the mountain there.

Not bad at all for a beaker :D I love how everything you do on that car is about functionality.

That's what it has always been about.
My wife asked when I first got it if I was going to restore it to original or not, and I told her Industrial Functional was going to be the theme.

Yeah man, that Overdrive is working well. What was that - 1700 rpm at 75 mph!!!!! Dayum, that's cruisin'.

-
Back