Mufflers like Dynomax

-
Hello FABO,

I was coming on here to ask any of you for Muffler recomendations. I am looking to quite my car down (360 magnum with stock valve train, running long tubes and a 3 inch H pipe) and have been considering the dynomax super turbos. I have purchased them in the past for a /6 six Duster I used to own and was overall happy with the sound, however after a year of use, the muffler I guess "broke in" and the overall sound of the exhaust changed.

Do any of you have recomendations for similarly priced and preforming mufflers? Or would you guys recomend sticking with the dynomax mufflers? If any of you guys would like to chare your experiences with the super turbos, that would be greatly appreciated to hear. Thanks so much for reading. Have a good one.

Ethan
I have a Super Turbo on my 1993 Chevrolet K1500 pickup with a single exhaust. It has a nice deep tone without being too loud. It's about 5-6 years old and the tone hasn't changed. However I've only driven it about 10,000 miles in that time. I'm real happy with it.

Best sounding muffler I ever heard is the Terminator
It's a Warlock without the cutout.
If you're running a muffler for all out performance I suggest the Hooker Max flo for racing. ( or street.) lol

It's a Warlock without the cutout.
If you're running a muffler for all out performance I suggest the Hooker Max flo for racing. ( or street.) lol
I had the Terminators back in the 90s on my charger.
I won't be running mufflers on my dart but if I ever get sick of noise I'll probably look at the hookers.
I'll have to read up on mufflers though lol

Hello FABO,

I was coming on here to ask any of you for Muffler recomendations. I am looking to quite my car down (360 magnum with stock valve train, running long tubes and a 3 inch H pipe) and have been considering the dynomax super turbos. I have purchased them in the past for a /6 six Duster I used to own and was overall happy with the sound, however after a year of use, the muffler I guess "broke in" and the overall sound of the exhaust changed.

Do any of you have recomendations for similarly priced and preforming mufflers? Or would you guys recomend sticking with the dynomax mufflers? If any of you guys would like to chare your experiences with the super turbos, that would be greatly appreciated to hear. Thanks so much for reading. Have a good one.

Ethan
You are correct in saying that the sound gets louder when a little time gets put on the muffler. Thats why I always shoot for a muffler that is a little quieter -then once it “breaks in” the sound is closer to what you want. I like FM 70 series big block mufflers- quiet and nice sound

For another option and lifetime warranty, Pypes makes their Race Pro which is the same design at the stainless Ultra-flow. They also make a Turbo-Pro which is the same design as the DM Super Turbo but Pypes is in a welded case and stainless. They also have a couple other mufflers but I think these match this topic best. It's worth a serious look.

-
Back