Mufflers

-

nasty68

Reaction score
I was wondering what brand you all are running. Right now i have 2 chamber 3" flowmasters sitting in the shed but i don't think i can fit them under the car. I am running a ladder bar setup and i just don't think there is enough room. I think i will have to run a bullet style but was concerned with sound. It is still going to be driven on the street once and awhile. Any suggestions?

I currently have 2 1/2" dual exhaust and 2 chamber flowmasters on my 318 w/ 360 heads(71 Demon). I can get a sound clip for you if you like. I will be dropping in a built 360 soon though and I am going to go with the Edelbrock SDT mufflers. You can hear them at the Edelbrock site. Haven't heard them on a Mopar, only on Chevys but hearing how they compare to 2 chamber flowmasters on a chevy I'm pretty sure they'll sound great. You gotta hear the big block Chevelle sound clip they have!!

-Alex

^^^ ya sound clips rule on this site,also i would really look into Moros Race Mufflers they sound killer an there the best fit for all is space lovers out there!
MIKE

i also have 3" 40 series delta flow mufflers got to love that sound and they fit both in front of the rearaxle and behind it if i would like it that way!

Problem is the front crossmember for the ladder bars is right in front of the floor pan where it raises up where your mufflers would be. I don't see anyway to run exhaust pipe past the crossmember so my exhaust system is only going to be about 3 feet long. I want to fit a x-pipe in there somewhere. Are the bullet style mufflers louder than the flowmasters? I see that dynomax, flowmaster, and borla make the bullet style but haven't heard them. I'll have to check out the moroso's. Didn't know they made any.

Bullets are going to be real loud. Can you get the pipes past the crossmember ? Do you have room to run mufflers behind the rear under the trunk floor ?

SpinTechs all the way! Built like tanks and sound sooooo sweet. Not too overly annoying in the car and no flowmaster drone on the highway. But they bark nice even at an idle behind the car. And its different too... to many Bowtie boys running flowmaster 40's

Spintechs are good mufflers, I put Raven mufflers on my 340 Duster
sounds real good and a whole lot different than our Bowtie and BLue
Oval friends that run the same flowmasters. Gotta be different.....

I've got a Flowmaster with a CarSound high-flow cat on my Ram, it sounds awesome.

On my Duster I've got a pair of old Dynomax Bullets, 3" in and out. They sound good, but they slow the car down by almost half a second. I've heard that the Dynomax Ultra mufflers are like running open headers, as far as power is concerned, and they're pretty quiet.

The Bullets I have now are plenty loud, though. Take a ride with me, you can hear how they sound at full throttle: http://www.burwoodboysracing.com/Movies/May29-Run2.wmv

AdamR said:
Bullets are going to be real loud. Can you get the pipes past the crossmember ? Do you have room to run mufflers behind the rear under the trunk floor ?

I had that problem... What I did was welded a piece of 3" pipe, about 18" long to the reducers and had them bent in the middle, so they have about an 1-1/2" drop. Then my bullets are welded to the end of those pipes. The end of the muffler is about where the rear of the door is. I had to have the turndown turned sideways so they don't get jammed when I take the car off the trailer.

You can see one in this pic (on the right):

newspringsbefore1.jpg

Here's some better pictures, if anybody's interested.

100_1184.sized.jpg

100_1185.sized.jpg

100_1186.sized.jpg

Thanks for the pics. It gives me some ideas. My exhaust is going to have to end exactly where yours does because of the ladder bar crossmember. I am running pro-parts and my collectors start at the tranny crossmember so i believe it might be a shorter exhaust. Would love to have a x-pipe, but don't think it will fit.

I am using Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers;I like them.

My girlfriend said it made the car noisy,
I added some sound deadner under the rear seat,and to the rear package tray,That got rid of most of the echo type resonance. :)

She is happier on a long trip now. :thumblef:

I used Peel & Seal, I bought at Lowes, I was told that there are
better products for this use. It was cheap, and Lowes is only 5 miles away.
2549headliner_project_64_Valiant_026-med.jpg

When it gets here I will be running a 2 1/2”, TTI, X-pipe system with the dynomax ultra flows and 340 HiPo manifolds. Most of the FAST class guys run the ultra flows.

1968FormulaS340 said:
When it gets here I will be running a 2 1/2”, TTI, X-pipe system with the dynomax ultra flows and 340 HiPo manifolds. Most of the FAST class guys run the ultra flows.

well my 318 engine is not very FAST,
but it Is faster than the 273 2bbl was. ;)

This is what I did. THey are the dynomax super turbos in and out on the same end like what a Chally might have. I found them at summit. they are about $54 a piece. Part # WLK-17676 you can see that # on the muffler in the pic.

wlk-17676.jpg

f039fc15.jpg

f039f833.jpg

efee4fe1.jpg

-
Back