my 1956 dodge postal van

-
hey 72bluNblu i just started a thread over there . thanks again for the link .

mike

'Nuther vote for a poly V8, but above all please DON'T ruin it with a shitty S10 frame swap, the world has enough abortions with S10's under 'em.

i am new to mopar , so let me start asking questions . what is a poly ?, what cid do they come in ?, and where can they be found ?

I have an flat head out of a 56 dodge truck that was missing the oil pan and head when I aquired the truck, but it stll has the carb, distributor, fuel pump, starter and a 3-speed manual trans still attached to it.
If you decide to keep the six you are welcome to any parts that you may need for the price of shipping.

I have an flat head out of a 56 dodge truck that was missing the oil pan and head when I aquired the truck, but it stll has the carb, distributor, fuel pump, starter and a 3-speed manual trans still attached to it.
If you decide to keep the six you are welcome to any parts that you may need for the price of shipping.

thanks . i will defenetly keep that in mind .

i am new to mopar , so let me start asking questions . what is a poly ?, what cid do they come in ?, and where can they be found ?

Go to allpar site it deals with anything from dodge/plymouth/chrysler all your research can be done there and these fellas here will gladly answer any questions also. Poly refers to the type of engine from the 60's mopars, i'm unsure of cubic inch other than 318 there may be other sizes.

:prayer:that thing would be friggin awesome built up like the little red wagon in street trim...just sayin..

Attachments

• Bill_Golden_Little_Red_Wagon_WS_June77.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 361
RV build, that would be real cool, make the interior look like the Airflows of the same era.

That thing is AWESOME! What a cool ride, parts hauler, or small camper.... The places it could go...

lou3500 , i have been to allpar , but i did'nt really spend much time there . i will go back and see what i can find out . ........thanks

FYI
A modern 318 / auto will fit in with no sheet metal cutting.
The radiator will cost you.
My local shop wanted almost $750 to build a radiator 15 years ago!!!!!!
Aftermarket is alot better now but beware it takes a skinny tall radiator.

OUCH ! $750 for a radiator even today is crazy . there is a dodge RV around the corner from me that i am trying to get . i have'nt been able to talk to the owner yet , but i was told that she is a motivated seller and wants it gone .

That looks great.
Take the cheap looking 2" square tubing bumpers off of it and roll the pans in smooth it would be floating down the road.

that was my exact thoughts when i first seen this one . after removing my front bumper i seen how smooth it can look .

-
Back