My Combo, Manifold Or Ported VAC Advance, We'll See...

-
Mine are mostly carb with no choke. :) I could leave instructions taped to the steering wheel and they'll still not get it to drive :D
I've never had a choke on any of my old stuff. Well.....I have them on there now, but they are both adjusted slam open.

If you are going to have the dist locked at 34* for idle, then yes, an ign sw is a good idea. I have the same. Connect the sw to one of the p/up leads so that the lead is grounded; ground removed, engine will start.

OK, I am working on another combo now.

This one is an '85 d100 long bed. 360 10.6:1, MP R/T heads with 2.02 and mild porting. 232/232, .575/.575 on a 112 lobe sep.
This distributor has a curve. 25 initial 34 total. Total comes in about 31-3200 rpm.

We just took off a Holley 3310, and put a 750 Brawler DP on, so will be tuning it the next few weeks, as well as trying manifold vacuum advance. It is my son's daily driver so I will have to work around his schedule.

I put a limiter screw for the vac advance total. Right now it has 40 at idle and 49 at 2500 RPM with the vac advance connected to manifold vacuum. We will see how it does.

The Brawler is running rich like most carbs do out of the box. We will be addressing that as well.

Oh yeah, Old Yeller still needs some tuning, but maybe since it's been awhile (2017) since I've driven it, It seems awesome so far. But then again, I am gettin old..

W2 StripDominator. I moved the bolt holes in the heads to fit it. You can see in this pic.

unnamed (3).jpg

Ok … wasn’t originally a W2 manifold .
Oh .. wait . It was originally a W2 intake ? You moved the pushrods in the heads .
I didn’t know they made a W2 strip dominator intake .
Lets see a pic !

He’s got a video on that on his YouTube page. Of course I can’t think of the name of his channel.

Ok … wasn’t originally a W2 manifold .
Oh .. wait . It was originally a W2 intake ? You moved the pushrods in the heads .
I didn’t know they made a W2 strip dominator intake .
Lets see a pic !

I can take a pic tomorrow, but it is on the motor. I had lots of pics, but lost them when my last laptop crashed.

He’s got a video on that on his YouTube page. Of course I can’t think of the name of his channel.

I am a big CCR fan, the channel is Creedence Chrysler Revival

The video is in post # 16 it briefly shows the intake.

-
Back