My Dougs D453 install

-
Just got mine today. I was looking at the oil filter and it looks like it will be in the way. Do I just pull off the right angle part and use a short filter as recommended?
20200430_151854.jpg

Just got mine today. I was looking at the oil filter and it looks like it will be in the way. Do I just pull off the right angle part and use a short filter as recommended?
View attachment 1715519467
My car didn't have one so I don't know, but according to the directions I think you at least have to loosen it and reposition it if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715519467
don't be too quick to remove the adapter, I run those headers on a 408 in a duster, with a 90 degree adapter on it
not sure what size filter I run, but it ain't tiny

(I can try to get some better pictures tomorrow)

20200430_212141.jpg

20200430_212157.jpg

20200430_212201.jpg

don't be too quick to remove the adapter, I run those headers on a 408 in a duster, with a 90 degree adapter on it
not sure what size filter I run, but it ain't tiny

(I can try to get some better pictures tomorrow)

View attachment 1715519604

View attachment 1715519605

View attachment 1715519606
There ya go. Real world experience.
Funny thing is I just went back and looked at the installation instructions (mistake?) and in the disassembly it says to remove and replace it with a small filter. Then in assembly it says to loosen it and readjust it. WTF, lol.

i think (almost certain) i installed the adapter after i had allready ran the headers for a while so there may be some merrit to having to clock it

There ya go. Real world experience.
Funny thing is I just went back and looked at the installation instructions (mistake?) and in the disassembly it says to remove and replace it with a small filter. Then in assembly it says to loosen it and readjust it. WTF, lol.

So it's been a few weeks.... Are you satisfied with the Doug's? And yes to the lift. I would encourage anybody that can make it work in their life to get one. Even if that means putting outside and eating Cheese sandwiches for a few months. They are worth their weight in gold....

JW

Nice installation and pictures.
I wonder how they would really fit with factory power steering and 4 speed linkage.
Anyone tried this?

Not intending to hijack your thread here, just a curious question that I think some people might be wondering about....

Nice installation and pictures.
I wonder how they would really fit with factory power steering and 4 speed linkage.
Anyone tried this?

Not intending to hijack your thread here, just a curious question that I think some people might be wondering about....
It's all good. Like to know myself? I don't think power steering is an issue, but it does get tighter.
Here's the only reference to 4 speed installation:

Screenshot_20200516-222755.png

So it's been a few weeks.... Are you satisfied with the Doug's? And yes to the lift. I would encourage anybody that can make it work in their life to get one. Even if that means putting outside and eating Cheese sandwiches for a few months. They are worth their weight in gold....

JW
Oh hell yes I'm satisfied. Fit great. Look great. And man what a difference. Noticeable throttle response difference. Can't wait to check it at the track!

-
Back