My Duster is a nuisance...

-
I wouldn't retaliate in any way. Drive your car in a safe and sane manner whenever you want and let him *****. Soon the cops will get tired of his complaints and will be on your side. If you taunt him or deliberately make extra noise, you may find other neighbors will join his side and then you WILL have a problem. His lone voice won't carry much weight but if other neighbors, who may be on the fence about it, join his cause because you made things worse, you'll have a fight on your hands. Not worth it. There's bound to be some knuckhead in the bunch that wouldn't mind vandalizing your car just for spite. Just smile and wave when you go by. When he yells and rants, just smile and tell him you're sorry he feels this way and walk away.

Drive it. Drive it every day. Don't let pea-brained idiots dictate what you can do.

I'm surprised that a cop actually showed up for such an insignificant complaint. Unless it was his kid. :toothy10:

Twice I've had people complain to me about driving my Dart too fast. Both of them live just on the high side of the railway tracks (same tracks, different locales). So I'm driving up a hill, over the tracks, and they complain about my speed. You know what 45 yr old suspension is like, there's no way I'm taking those tracks too fast, maybe 20kph (15mph), and then of course I hit the gas. So, you tell me how I can exceed the 60kph (40mph) as I pass their house. My car is not that fast, nor geared for it. But, it does sound good. They seem to think that sound equals speed.

The one idiot even stated that it was a school zone. Uh, no, it's a 60kph zone. Learn to read. :angry7: Funny thing is, that I hit the tracks by his place doing at least 60 in my truck, but that never seems to bother him. My truck is quiet. Get a nice bounce doing that, it's fun :cheers:.

So, go out and drive the Duster already. Ya know ya want to.

Cudamark's suggestions are probably the mature way to go about it but I'm not that mature. That's why I'm installing a line lock and electric exhaust cutouts in the Scamp. I can't wait to do big, loud, smoky burnouts in front of my a-hole next door neighbor's house.

One more reason to stay away from the city. I hate it down there. I love it where I live no one ever says any thing to me about the noise I make even late at night. Like me and a few friends shooting rabbits at 2am. I did have a lady call about that dune buggy that went flying buy her house. I was thinking here we go she is going to ***** me out. But then she said "my son saw you go buy and just loves your car. Can he come buy and check it out?" LOL

My Scamp is a little loud. Not Harley with straight pipes loud, but it has a rather healty exhaust note. I've NEVER had a neighbor problem while driving it. All I ever get it a thumbs up, or a shouted "nice car" or somebody making the universal "do a burnout" gesture. But then again this is redneck southern Ohio..lol

I live on a cul de sac and there is an old hag about 5 houses up the road from me that everytime I cruise up the street she starts bitching about blah, blah, blah.... Funny thing is, her neighbor is a Sheriff's Deputy and his cruiser is always parked in his driveway. I make it a point to go really slow by her house and rev up my car and blare my stereo and she has a fit. it is FUNNY!!!!!! She reminde me of the old lady on the old Borox containers, with the rake handle in her hands flailing her arms and mouthing off. The cop who lives next to her has even told me he likes my car and not ot worry about the old sea hag. I agree with the other posters here on this one. Drive your car all you want and screw the *** napkin in your neighborhood.

I was reading this thread and it just hit me.:sign7: I have really cool neighbors! Especially when I load the race car out in the middle of the street at 8am sunday morning to go racing. or at 3am after closing down the bar!:drinkers: God Bless Smalltown USA!

I think you should be able to enjoy your hobby just as much as your neighbors enjoy whatever lame *** **** their into!

i got wind that a neighbor complained to another neighbor about my duster bein too loud, to try and get the other neighbor to tell me to quiet it down. they are both retired, probably mid 60's, but the one that told me about it said "hell i like it. i think she needs to be a little louder. you woke me up one night, but i like gettin woken up by that. so i just smiled and went back to bed." Hes a cool neighbor. hes got a group called "the over the hill gang" and they all ride scooters (like 12 of em), but thats another story.:toothy10:

i usually just idle down the street in 2nd. the complaint came from the same neighbor whos dog will bark and bark for hours on end starting at 6am. and its a high pitched yelp type bark....so i decided the day i take it to my dads shop to pull it apart this fall, im gonna pull off the exhaust at my house and drive over to dads w/ open headers just to make sure he knows how loud it could really be.:snakeman:

maybe not the "mature" thing to do...but it will sure be more fun that way.

Sounds like your neighbor is the puppet and it's his wife's words coming out of his mouth. Too bad he doesn't grow a pair and appreciate hot rods like he USED to.

-
Back