My free Duster (Look close you will see why it is free)

-
awesome job... i'm going through the same thing w/ my trunk extensions and quarter panel... good job fabricating w/o the specialty tools!

Well this is probably gonna be the last post on this thread unless I win the lottery tonite. Right now is not a good time to be trying to restore a car and I just don't have the money to be spending on it. It has been a good ride but it is time for me to get off the bus and get back to reality. I will be keeping the car but I will probably sell off some of the stuff I have saved for it. Thanks guys this site has been great, I will still be around but I just won't be working on my own project.

Sorry to hear about this Corey, hope you do get to keep your car, i know what you mean, i am always thinking i should sell my car , so thats why i dont get much done to it. I always have to put money towards something more important. Best wishes to you and hope everything works out for the best. J.R.

I know what you mean! I can't finance all my projects and keep doing resto's for others. One day I will be able to do one for myself.
I came to a realization today, no money, so I put my '73 Duster up for sale. It looks like a friend of mine will be taking it home.

Hang in there it will probably work out in the long run.

Hang in there, times are a little rough for a lot of us right now. Hang on to the car, you'll be glad you did when things pick up again. Just work on the stuff that doesn't cost money, like bending patch panels and smoothing out body filler and cleaning/polishing parts. At least that way you're still in it and motivated.8)

there are at least 1000 things to do even when its done. so don't stop.maybe i can help.

there are at least 1000 things to do even when its done. so don't stop.maybe i can help.

For now she will just sit, once I get some of my work and health issues sorted out I will start doing stuff that doesnt cost anything. But until then I will be putting her up on jackstands up against the wall out of the way covered in sheets so I can't she her just sitting.

I concur Dusted. Diabetes kicking the heck out of my finances,keep treading water to stay afloat, eventually you will be rescued.Keep up with your proj. Do the small no cost things for now, and still get the feeling of self accomplishment. Chris

I concur Dusted. Diabetes kicking the heck out of my finances,keep treading water to stay afloat, eventually you will be rescued.Keep up with your proj. Do the small no cost things for now, and still get the feeling of self accomplishment. Chris

Having diabetes absolute 100% sucks!!:angry7:

As an insulin dependent, Type II ..40thbirthday present..the key is to watch what you drop into the 'ole pie hole and monitor your sugars..that is much harder than it sounds but I know guys that MX ..oh, stay out of the sun..didn't realize until last august, we are more prone to sun stroke..

BTW, nice build.

Ian.

I read tons of stuff on diabeties and oddly enought, the best was the dummies series..I may have it in .pdf if ya like..

Ok I can't stand it anymore!!!!! I walk past my car and it is just sitting there all lonely begging to be worked on!!! It's not her fault, so I am gonna pull off the sheets tomorrow and start doing what I can with my current non-existant budget. I can't stand looking at her with no progress, I partly blame Motopsycho for this even though it's not his fault his car is so nice compared to mine. I guess it's just plain ole American jealousy that is getting the best of me. So now the plan is to get back to work with what little I have and make the DREAM a reality!!!!!!!

Zoo and Training 001.jpg

I used duplicolor trim paint. After you get it on nice and smooth let it dry for about 1 hour and stand back around 18-24 inches and fog on 3-4 coats it gives it the perfect texture.

Dusted, glad to see you are still wanting to get back at it. Hope everything else is working itself out.

you can't keep a good man down. i'm not so far away, if thats any help. its all in the attitude, dude. and it appears that yours is fine.

Ok I got started back on her today got all the stuff cleaned out around her and rolled her outside. I got the doors, fenders, the doesn't count it is for a Dart Sport and I just layed it there, and the trunk lid. I also got a gallon of Super clean and cleaned the k member and inner fenders really good. I thought they were under coated all over but apparently it was just really greasy I will let hte pics do the talking. I also got the rear window out too.

Duster Spring cleaning 001.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 003.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 004.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 006.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 011.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 038.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 040.jpg

Duster Spring cleaning 015.jpg

I figured no trunk floor or extensions might as well it will be easy I can stand back there with no clearance issues.

Yeah I thought I was gonna put her to the side but I couldn't do it. I made it about 2 1/2 weeks and I rolled her back outside and started again.

Ok today I thought what the hey I will try to make myself a dolly for the front end and I was trying to figure out what to use. So I was putting stuff in my attic and remembered an old bed frame made of angle iron, so I drug it out and it will work perfect for my dolly. I am gonna use some wheels from a furniture dolly I got from Harbor Freight for $10. I would have gotten it done today but my batteries died and wouldn't charge till they cooled off. So during the down time I decided to get some more of the undercoating off the inner fenders. Tomorrow I will finish the dolly and start getting the suspension ready to come out. Also I am gonna need to get another fender since I had mine in the yard and my wife wasn't paying attention and ran over one of them. :cheers: that's awesome, NOT! Ok so here is today's installment. Also I included a pic of the car I got for FREE last weekend.

Dolly and dog pics 001.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 003.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 005.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 006.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 007.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 008.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 009.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 010.jpg

Dolly and dog pics 023.jpg

-
Back