My friends we have yet another moron on the loose

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I just don't think I "get" that a Fury "looks like a Road Runner" bird decal or no bird decal

1969 Plymouth Sport Suburban -"Roadrunner Station Wagon" - $3000 (Liberty Lake)

Up for sale is my 1969 Plymouth Sport Suburban 6 Passenger Wagon. Only 8201 built in 1969 and there can only be a handful of the left on the road today.
It is equipped with it's original 383 Big Block Motor and original patina'd paint and upholstery. It is also equipped with the Turn Pike Package which includes cruise control and air conditioning (both non op.) and roof top rack. I have the original window sticker with a many reciepts for work done by previous owner. Tires are good with original hub caps. This is a project for sure but a very cool project that screams nostalgia. The car runs, drives and stops. Headlights, breaklights, turn signals are all functional. It is licensed and tabs are current.

The car is based off the 1969 Fury Platform and looks a lot like a 1969 Roadrunner from the front. Any Mopar fans out there looking for that "family vacation" ? Trailer Not Included
Asking $3000.00 OBO - Please contact me at (509) 9XX-XXXX with questions or to schedule a time to look you may never see another one like it.

Attachments

• 00M0M_5jdWvvlvZp4_600x450.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 291
  • 00d0d_k1HmKoqEUCZ_600x450.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 282
  • 00i0i_27tMbeW1PTO_600x450.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 00101_54grN8JGgHW_600x450.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 01717_2VJGyyeRcsT_600x450.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 291
So he is a moron for saying his opinion is it resembles a roadrunner? A big block 383 station wagon that looks pretty complete with black interior, and looks fairly clean in the photos for 3k makes him a moron?

that doesn't look half bad .....I had a 70 sport suburban similar to that but mine was a pile.....he is actually priced about right considering how hard wagons are to find these days in that condition.

C-body wagons are nearly impossible to restore if the wagon specific parts are bad ......that one looks like it has a good tailgate which is worth quite a bit in itself.

So he is a moron for saying his opinion is it resembles a roadrunner?

No Fury resembles any roadrunner ever built.

If ya wanna sell the car, sell the dam car. don't try and put lipstick on the pig

I spose next you're gonna say it resembles a later version of a max wedge if Ma had ever imagined building such a thing

No Fury resembles any roadrunner ever built.

If ya wanna sell the car, sell the dam car. don't try and put lipstick on the pig

I spose next you're gonna say it resembles a later version of a max wedge if Ma had ever imagined building such a thing

HE TYPED AN OPINION, like me saying my opinion Is this thread is pointless and needs to be moved to automobiles for sale so someone can buy this complete fair priced wagon.

well the ad did have a tone of chasing coat tails with the more popular and more valuable roadrunner.

the fury should be able to sell itself to anyone who knows what they are looking at without inflating the ad with an irrelevant reference to a car that it hardly resembles

I like it . I'd love to build a C-barge again . Had a beautiful '73 New Yorker 9 passenger a few years ago . Had every option available , even power wings . Sold it for a derby car . Stupid , stupid .........

Well, it ain't a Road Runner, even if it has one painted on it's rear...pretty much any car guy will see that.

I like the pic with "Syringa Ranch" sign...he's probably doing something with a syringe.

I would love to have that car! Regardless of what the owner is smoking. I can't afford a newcar, and when we have all 6 of the kids, we would have room to spare! lol. Just have to drop a 5.7 Hemi/auto w/od...

Personally I wouldn't call him a moron, notice he has "Road Runner Station Wagon" in quotes and he says it looks a lot like a Road Runner from the front which to me it does. No offense, it's not worth arguing about.

A perfect candidate for a Cummins. I would love to find one near me. It would be my new tow vehicle for the race trailer . With dual 4 inch turn downs. It would have to be an early cummins so it rattles like a can of rocks. Where is it?

if that wagon was near here it would be gone.looks like a good deal to me.i fingered it would be on the west coast.

growing up we had a 72 crestwood wagon, based on (I think) the cornet. that car was badass. it had the 383 magnum in it. two stories come to mind. mom had all three kids in the car and we were getting on the freeway when a Porsche tried passing her on the right on the on ramp, mom put her foot in it. we always said she sucked that Porsche into the tailpipe as we never saw it again.
second story: dad had a business casting lead weights for swimming pool vacuum heads. my brother and I were delivering a 1000lb load in the wagon when a Camaro wanted to race, we beat him to the next light WITH the 1000lbs in the back. that wagon was fast!!

I can see where he thinks it sort of looks like a '69 runner from the front. It sort of does. I'd call it more of an irrelevant observation that anyone could make than an opinion. And others might not even see it, whatever. It didn't really belong in the ad, but it's ok that it's there too. Hey, if it helps sell the car to someone, or gets him hits in searches, it's all good.

All that aside, if it's as solid and complete as it looks... not a bad deal. It's a cool car, I'd drive it as-is.

Actually, looks like he's now down to $2500 from $3000 OBO.

Only thing that looks road run deer in that thi g is the name plymouth.

Sounds like the dude isn't a mopar guy at all. Picked it up dirt cheap and is trying to make a few thousand off it. Whatever floats his boat I guess.

Yeah, but it looks like a Road Runner in the same way as a Duster looks like a Nova if you squint real hard, and are not looking at the car, and it's night time. Then, kinda sorta.

if you squint real hard, and are not looking at the car, and it's night time.

You must'a watched "The Missouri Breaks" LOL

brando_missouri-breaks.jpg

-
Back