My new 340 at the track

-

ValiantRacing

Reaction score

IMG_3033.jpg

What's your engine build specs, CR, cam, heads, etc. That thing pop's pretty good. I'd like to get into the 10's with my next engine build. 65

What's your engine build specs, CR, cam, heads, etc. That thing pop's pretty good. I'd like to get into the 10's with my next engine build. 65
Its a 374ci 11-1 comp, Speedmaster heads, Bullet cam .600 lift. foot brake run, i only have 32 degrees of timing in it, just getting it broke in.

Dusters look bad *** in white
Great job 7000 shift rpm?

Another fine example of why I keep telling guys everyone doesn’t need a stroker engine.
Yeah, but that thing is probably 16:1 :) I think a stroker would be more friendly on the street (i know we are in the racers forum.. but not everyone races)

Yeah, but that thing is probably 16:1 :) I think a stroker would be more friendly on the street (i know we are in the racers forum.. but not everyone races)

There is zero reason not to run a stroker in a bracket racing deal.
It’s stupid to say otherwise, unless you want to plan on more maintenance/ rpm.
Anything that lowers the rpm you need to run the motor at is a very good thing for reliability. Not to mention the extra power and ET
I don’t know of any Mopar small block guys at our track that don’t run stroker cranks.

Another fine example of why I keep telling guys everyone doesn’t need a stroker engine.
finally someone said it. i AGREE 100%. it's all in the combo on how well the parts work together. i still run a SFT and ductile iron rockers.
the 360'' i had in the car ran 10.20 @ 130. in the car now is a 340'' and it's been 9.70 @ 137 with the same heads and cam that were on the 360''

finally someone said it. i AGREE 100%. it's all in the combo on how well the parts work together. i still run a SFT and ductile iron rockers.
the 360'' i had in the car ran 10.20 @ 130. in the car now is a 340'' and it's been 9.70 @ 137 with the same heads and cam that were on the 360''
Not arguing but i am honestly curious, wouldn't running a 408 or whatever stroker size make it easier on parts and less chance of having issues from stressing things soo hard to make the same power?

-
Back