My New Toy 1968 Barracuda Fastback Formula S

-
My favorite year is the '68. I'd take what you have over ANY '66 any day of the century! You have a most precious possession there.

Well tonight was the night, a little cooler out tonight here in Michigan so I took her out on her maiden voyage. First legal drive on the streets since 1984 and she drove just fine, didn't go to far maybe 3 miles and then back home. I was a little nervous always thinking something might go wrong but all was fine. Many more rides to come

IMG_4335.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4339.JPG

Congrats! Car looks spectacular!! I always keep cars close to home short drive till they have proven themselves

Yep, got about 350 miles on mine since restoration. Shakedown drives are great. Found a panel rattle that needs to be addressed, and the dash temp gauge just went bye bye. Alternator is bouncing between 14 & 15 V, so something isn't right. Back to the shop for a little TLC to fix things.
But she starts great and runs smooth. Can't complain as it takes a lot of work to put a car back together.

There is a young guy in my area and he has a little business going for himself, it's called SPINCITY CUSTOM PRINTS. He sells on eBay but I just ordered a decal for my 68 directly from his e-mail and went over and picked it up. Unfortunately he crashed his bike a few years back and is paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheelchair now so he started up this business to make some money and he said there is nothing he can't make. So if you guys are looking for something contact him his name is Brandon and his e-mail is [email protected] take a look at what he made me, they sell the same decal on eBay but they were only 8" X 8" and I wanted one that was 18" X 18" so he made it up for me. Looks pretty good to me. If there is something you might want contact him through his e-mail and save him a few bucks so he doesn't have to pay the eBay fees and let him know you are from the abodiesonly forum site.
Bob

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG

I know the Feeling well!

10.5 years ago when my Wife and I got my 69 back together after 2.5 years of work, as we are pulling out of the driveway she asks! How do you know nothing's going to fall off?
She was right there the whole time helping! That Hurt, The maiden ride went just fine!

Enjoy your car and Mopar On!!!!

-
Back