My Non-Mopar $400.00 score...

-

Tnplumber

Reaction score
What do you think? I just picked up this 87k mile Buick Electra, 403 small block Buick, power everything for the grand total of $400.00 American, lol.

bens buick.jpg

bens buick2.jpg

If it's a 403, that's an Oldsmobile BIG BLOCK, and they only came one way. HOT. That's the same engine that made the 1979 Trans Am a very fast production car. GREAT score.

neat. now put 24's on it. lol
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW,LOL!And paint it a highly sparkly metal flake candy green and a booty shaken stereo.:bootysha:Someone suggested I do that to my 74 Impala and told them I would rather set it on fire or roll it off of a cliff to die with dignity then to see it like that.

Seriously,nice score for the money though.:cheers:

What ya gonna do with it?............Drive it till the freakin wheels fall off of it. Great score to say the least. Dont need to do nothin else with it. Keep tires and brakes and oil in her and stick the car payment in your pocket each month.
Small Block

Nice. All that's missing is the 7-up logo.

Is it carbed? Does it have overdrive?

If it's a 403, that's an Oldsmobile BIG BLOCK, and they only came one way. HOT. That's the same engine that made the 1979 Trans Am a very fast production car. GREAT score.

Yeah just found that out.

403's love gas also, cool lookin' old car...

thanks, Hornet

neat. now put 24's on it. lol

lol

What ya gonna do with it?............Drive it till the freakin wheels fall off of it. Great score to say the least. Dont need to do nothin else with it. Keep tires and brakes and oil in her and stick the car payment in your pocket each month.
Small Block

that is exactly what we are going to do with it.

Nice. All that's missing is the 7-up logo.

Is it carbed? Does it have overdrive?

it has a 800cfm quad, with a 400 turbo.

IF it runs as good as it looks.....Good score.....

runs good just needs some TLC.

In High School, my friend had a 403 in his '79 T/A. It was a fast car! High top end too. We buried the needle a few times. :) I don't remember the gears in it, but it was a good car.

on a slightly different note, my Grandma had a Buick Lesabre around that year with a 350 in it. They are nice cars. That car could smoke the tires pretty good too... I mean, Not that I'd know or anything! :) Sorry Grandma!

Oh... I would have bought it too!! I like it!

Nice ! Round here it would be about ten minutes before it was up on big ole chrome wagon wheels LoL !

In High School, my friend had a 403 in his '79 T/A. It was a fast car! High top end too. We buried the needle a few times. :) I don't remember the gears in it, but it was a good car.

on a slightly different note, my Grandma had a Buick Lesabre around that year with a 350 in it. They are nice cars. That car could smoke the tires pretty good too... I mean, Not that I'd know or anything! :) Sorry Grandma!

Oh... I would have bought it too!! I like it!

What Granny don't know won't hurt her, you probably where just getting rid of the carbon build up, lol.

Those wheels are probably worth that alone. Good score.

The wheels should clean up nicely. Needs a new set of tire because of dry rot.

It's a beauty, roomy, comfy and powerful...careful, you'll get spoiled. 8)

exactly right. 8)

Great score! I'd drive the heck out if it!
I plan on it!

Nice ! Round here it would be about ten minutes before it was up on big ole chrome wagon wheels LoL !

Plenty of Vanilla Ice and Snoop Dog's here too.

Cruise down by the Bro hangout and you might strike a trade for some crack, coke, or smoke. Or maybe an old Mopar. LMAO....

The SS Buick there may make a fine road trip car as long as you get points for buying fuel!

Still, better to go Grizwalding in that than Camery!

-LY

I would have bought it, too. I'm a sucker for older creampuffs (and basket cases). $400 is a score on anything that moves under it'own power, let alone a nice land-yacht!

I had a 77 Electra with the 403...wow...for a big car that thing would move. I had it in the mid 80s and that car would take a GT Mustang off the line...

Great car.

Small Block

X48 Great score.......

Before changing over to Mopar I was a Buick guy. A Buick will treat you well. The biggest problem with a Buick is staying awake while driving them on the freeway the damn things are so comfortable.

Chuck

-
Back