My old Scamp on Ebay

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Browsing through ebay I spotted my old Scamp. It just had a "complete body restoration" although I dont know why because when I sold it in 2008 the body was really nice an wearing its original paint. Heres a video of it now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eBQgrjBEZA&feature=channel&list=UL"]FOR SALE: 1971 Plymouth Scamp - YouTube[/ame]

and the add

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971...0459873?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7aed10e1

And some pictures of it when I owned it.

Attachments

• 3040.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 349
  • 3042.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 3046.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 3075.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 315
Man u must have had a hard time drivin it lookin at the last pic...lol
I wonder why they would paint over good factory paint if they arent just sayin it is fresh but it is still original

Yeah Im not sure why they would paint it.

Attachments

• 3076.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 305
Pretty sweet looking car, although i'm not sure I like the blacked out trunk lid with the 340 callout.

Pretty sweet looking car, although i'm not sure I like the blacked out trunk lid with the 340 callout.

yeah Im not a fan. I dont like the black out hood or the black top either though. Oh or the cragars they added. I also noticed they changed the intake and carb from my worked LD340 and thermoquad to a weiand and holley,

The guy I sold it to added the disc brakes and put the 8-3/4 in it. He had 355s in it. I told him he was going to kill him self with power disc and a cam with 265* of duration at .050" on a 108lsa. and 355s were gonna feel soggy.

I see the power booster is gone and its got 410s now, LOL

It also had a 904 with a low gear and a T/A 8" 4000rpm converter in it when I sold it. I know the guy that bought it from me wasnt scare to buy good parts. I believe Dr Diff built the rear and Passions did the tranny.

I have an issue with the eBag auction you posted. The guy selling your old car claims "Zero Reserve!!" but under the current bid of $6100, it shows "Reserve Not Met." That sounds a lot like false advertising to me...

yeah Im not a fan. I dont like the black out hood or the black top either though. Oh or the cragars they added. I also noticed they changed the intake and carb from my worked LD340 and thermoquad to a weiand and holley,

The guy I sold it to added the disc brakes and put the 8-3/4 in it. He had 355s in it. I told him he was going to kill him self with power disc and a cam with 265* of duration at .050" on a 108lsa. and 355s were gonna feel soggy.

I see the power booster is gone and its got 410s now, LOL

It also had a 904 with a low gear and a T/A 8" 4000rpm converter in it when I sold it. I know the guy that bought it from me wasnt scare to buy good parts. I believe Dr Diff built the rear and Passions did the tranny.

I think he is talkin of the trunklid with callout

Personally, I think he ruined a survivor. It was a beautiful car to begin with. I don't understand people like that.

I tried to keep it pretty much stock looking when I built it, I bought it as a roller, No motor or transmission slant 6 car. It was an awesome sleeper but the 3" flowmasters killed the image, LOL

Pretty car,Adam.Guessing no luck ,on known E.T.That mill ,a monster.

Pretty car,Adam.Guessing no luck ,on known E.T.That mill ,a monster.

No clue what it would run in that car. It went 11.60 at 116mph in a 69 Road Runner with a ton of gear and a real loose converter. The motor was built by Porter Racing Heads.

Not to hijack, but I had a similar experience when I sold my old Valiant to a guy in Jersey. Was all original, delete everything. I had larger wheels and tires on the back, looked cool filled the well nicely and didn't look modern or updated in any way.

Guy INSISTED he HAD to have tunes in the car and was going to hack up the pristine dash to fit some shitty radio in there. I BEGGED him not to do it or cut up the almost perfect door panels. I think I got through to him on some level because he ended up putting one in the glove box and cut speakers in the package tray. It was fine I guess but he just killed the vibe. Took the larger wheels off too, put them on some other car he had. Saw it Etown a few years ago, looked sad.

Another one - guy I sold my Dart to up in CT also wanted to 'do his thing' to it. I went through a lot of trouble to do a power-to-manual column conversion using all the correct parts to make it look factory. Column, pulleys, everything. He told me the first thing he was going to do was put the power steering back in. :banghead:

People are gonna do what they're gonna do. Subtle modifications are really just that sometimes, not apparent even if you explain them over and over. Guys often miss the big picture and go for the flashy stuff. Perhaps that's what they understand and like. Not everyone strives for a higher concept. :dontknow:

This guy just told me he's a GM guy. The guy that bought it from me started with the ugly add ons, 200 extra guages, radio under the dash, jack the rear up 20 ft in the air. To each there own but I much prefer clean almost stock to throwing a summit catalog at the car.

WTF is up with the hood and trunk, what a fricken mess!

IMO, it's worth a lot less now than when it had the original pant on it.

Only missing the flame stickers and turbo emblems

Didn't care for the trunk lid either. I wonder why someone would go to such lengths to paint and detail and not put the passenger armrest on the door.

-
Back