My plans for my 69 Dart Swinger 340

-
1.) Add power steering.
2.) Add front disc brakes.
3.) Add rear air shocks.
4.) Adjust front ride height up maybe 2 inches.
What order should I do all this? I know the front will need an alignment after the ride height adjustment and probably after the disc brake conversation. Any suggestions on kits to do this

Love your Dart. I would steer clear of air shocks for sure. I had them on a car in a previous life and they did make the car look cool for the time but the car rode like crap. Big old L60x15's on the back and every damn bump I hit especially turning the *** end wanted to come around.

Picture of my 72 Duster as I described in post #13. Kinda hard to see all the rake because I held the camera with the lines of the car, but the rake is there. Pretty certain this is the stance you are looking for on your 69 Dart. I know my Duster is not in clean mode but I do drive it and not just pavement, some roads are gravel. And guess what, that’s what the car was built to do, use it wherever. Just got back from taking the car out for an errand, a joyride, and this picture. And it got several thumbs ups while out so great day.

IMG_0374.jpeg

My mistake. Yes you're correct and I'm mistaken. Disc brakes were standard equipment and power assist was an option. The two I had were power assisted. Memory not what it o
My mistake. Yes you're correct and I'm mistaken. Disc brakes were standard equipment and power assist was an option. The two I had were power assisted. Memory not what it once was.
All good, Brother. I've been corrected by FABO family members many times over the years. I try to learn from my mistakes and move on. We appreciate your input.

I plan to do a bit of a raked look on my 68. I’m gonna go with SS leaf springs to achieve it. I’m also gonna gonna go with manual steering as well. There are some aftermarket brake kits that give ya the option to keep the small bolt patten but big bolt is also readily available

I plan to do a bit of a raked look on my 68. I’m gonna go with SS leaf springs to achieve it. I’m also gonna gonna go with manual steering as well. There are some aftermarket brake kits that give ya the option to keep the small bolt patten but big bolt is also readily available
Avoid SS leaf springs if not a drag car, as the SS leafs are not equal construction left and right and therefore not symmetrical. Additionally, avoid Mancini leaf springs as one of the two SS leaf springs I bought from them the main leaf arched the wrong way the last 4 inches. When I raised this concern to Mancini they said “We have sold hundreds of these and you are the only one with this complaint so it’s not a defect, therefore if you want to return them you pay return shipping.” I opted not to spend $100 in shipping to get $220 refund. Not long after that another member had a problem with Mancini SS springs during install due to that bad main leaf in one of the spring packs bending the wrong way the last 4 inches. So I shipped him the good one of my SS set and he was good to go using matched good leaf springs, basically a 340 HD spring set at that point. In other words, call ESPO for good leaf springs you buy once and Mancini if you want to waste money on junk.

Avoid SS leaf springs if not a drag car, as the SS leafs are not equal construction left and right and therefore not symmetrical. Additionally, avoid Mancini leaf springs as one of the two SS leaf springs I bought from them the main leaf arched the wrong way the last 4 inches. When I raised this concern to Mancini they said “We have sold hundreds of these and you are the only one with this complaint so it’s not a defect, therefore if you want to return them you pay return shipping.” I opted not to spend $100 in shipping to get $220 refund. Not long after that another member had a problem with Mancini SS springs during install due to that bad main leaf in one of the spring packs bending the wrong way the last 4 inches. So I shipped him the good one of my SS set and he was good to go using matched good leaf springs, basically a 340 HD spring set at that point. In other words, call ESPO for good leaf springs you buy once and Mancini if you want to waste money on junk.
I was just gonna use the mopar performance ones.. possibly two left side springs since the pass side will be a little higher than the drivers by design.

-
Back