My plans for my 69 Dart Swinger 340

-
1.) Add power steering.
2.) Add front disc brakes.
3.) Add rear air shocks.
4.) Adjust front ride height up maybe 2 inches.
What order should I do all this? I know the front will need an alignment after the ride height adjustment and probably after the disc brake conversation. Any suggestions on kits to do this

Love your Dart. I would steer clear of air shocks for sure. I had them on a car in a previous life and they did make the car look cool for the time but the car rode like crap. Big old L60x15's on the back and every damn bump I hit especially turning the *** end wanted to come around.

Picture of my 72 Duster as I described in post #13. Kinda hard to see all the rake because I held the camera with the lines of the car, but the rake is there. Pretty certain this is the stance you are looking for on your 69 Dart. I know my Duster is not in clean mode but I do drive it and not just pavement, some roads are gravel. And guess what, that’s what the car was built to do, use it wherever. Just got back from taking the car out for an errand, a joyride, and this picture. And it got several thumbs ups while out so great day.

IMG_0374.jpeg

My mistake. Yes you're correct and I'm mistaken. Disc brakes were standard equipment and power assist was an option. The two I had were power assisted. Memory not what it o
My mistake. Yes you're correct and I'm mistaken. Disc brakes were standard equipment and power assist was an option. The two I had were power assisted. Memory not what it once was.
All good, Brother. I've been corrected by FABO family members many times over the years. I try to learn from my mistakes and move on. We appreciate your input.

I plan to do a bit of a raked look on my 68. I’m gonna go with SS leaf springs to achieve it. I’m also gonna gonna go with manual steering as well. There are some aftermarket brake kits that give ya the option to keep the small bolt patten but big bolt is also readily available

-
Back