My RHD Barracuda

-
Figured that a RH drive car would be built for export, and the majority of those countries use the metric system. I have read the recent post that the car was used for mail delivery. Which is still interesting. Of all the vehicles that could be special ordered for mail delivery, it seems that a second generation Barracuda would not top the list.
First time I drove in Britain was around 1989. Some petrol was sold in liters and some in gallons. Speed limits were still in MPH when I last drove there - around 1995.
Beer was in pints - true imperial pints - to the mark! And people's weight was in stones. I'm sure those last two haven't changed. LOL.

petrol is mostly litres now, speed limits still mph,beer is still proper pints and for me at least weight is still in stones and pounds. we never gave up imperial measures when we joined the 'common market' (which became the 'eu') and now we've left the eu we can have wonky veggies in shops and everything. :rofl:
poxy blood sucking eu, leaving was the best thing we did in years. :thumbsup:
neil.

Hi Neil and Andy,
I've had a few RHD barracuda's over the years the best being my first mopar a convertible notch!
Sold it to Nigel Cooper in Fulham the Facel Vega restorer.
His wife drove it around London town for a while but I lost track of it.
It had an ex-jensen 383ci motor and 727 in there, what a beastie lol...
Also had a real nice white RHD fastback in late 90's, sold it to a guy in Shepherds Bush.
He had trouble finding parking places and it got towed several times by the Feds!
Cost him a small fortune in parking fines and impound charges so he had to sell.
I'm looking for the B5 blue RHD one that the brothers used to own for many years a 'straight sixer'.
There used to be a few Aussie Mopars in London town back in the 80's and they were well rusty then!
I hate to think how they could have survived till now.
Think tall John has a silver RHD but that was very rusty too.
Jon

-
Back