my slant wont turn over!

-
Squirt some thin penetrating oil in to each cylinder, wait a day or two and then hit it with the stater. Sticktion is a terrible thing.

I did price out a couple gaskets to tear it down...
head gasket.....$23----about half price from AutoZone
oil pan gasket if I need it......$10

think I might go ahead and do it

pulled the head off and found nothing really, no more surface rust than you can wipe off with your finger except for cylinder #5 that is a little more than that however it is the same cylinder that still had some 'concoction' that a poured in the cylinders. Any ideas? should I order some rings from rockauto and just do the problem cylinder?

This is iffy, but has worked before. Backyard hone, re-ring; check the bearing clearance, and wear. Grab your towels and cover the crank, as you hone and then wash the cylinders. Good luck. 50/50.

did the same thing to my neon....SOHC and I used stock 120,000 mile DOHC rods/pistons with new rings/bearings.....runs fine, makes in the area of 170hp too....out of a 2.0L :bootysha:

found some bad news after cleaning the carbon off the cylinder....some pretty severe pitting. I have another lead on another parts car with a good 225 in it. The other option is a small block but I want to keep the push button stuff. Any way it will swap over to a later V8 904 trans?

Ok, engine is out and on a stand.....unbolted cylinder #5 from the crank and it turns over! very difficult to do so though....???? bearings all look good.

I am having difficulties removing the piston/rod from the block.....like, it wont move....at all, up or down....I should have broke the rings by now.

any suggestions

nevermind, got it apart.....it flew apart and made a big mess when it landed in the drain pan. didint break anything, just gonna hone out the cylinders and throw some fresh rings in it....it is a low mile engine and the bearings looked nicer than anything else Ive taken apart.

small update....

culprit was light rust on the cylinder walls and SIEZED RINGS!!! in cylinders 5 and 6. I have not been able to get the compression rings off those pistons.....

I am currently looking for atleast two, used, standard bore rods and pistons.

see here if you have/know of some...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=125730

thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it

-
Back