My son is finally graduating from college!

-

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Aaron, who some of you remember from our days of restoring his '74 Dart Sport, is graduating from Texas A&M next Saturday. It's been a long, hard road, but he has finally earned a degree in manufacturing and mechanical engineering. Even better is the fact that he is starting his first job in June down in Houston as a junior mechanical engineer for a company that designs and builds robotic systems. Finally, he's going to be on someone else's payroll!

Neither of us have spent much time here on FABO since his Dart was totaled in an accident last year. We kept the car and have begun to slowly work to get it back on the road. Houston is about four hours from here, so once he gets settled in there, it will be difficult to find time to get back home to work on the car, but we'll see how that goes.

Congratulations to Aaron and any others of you who are, or have someone, graduating from school this spring.

Congrats!

I was in last year but didn't get to finish because of a car accident that twisted my spine up badly and still in a long recovery process.

College is something everyone should experience if possible. What did he major in?

Congrats again and much success to ya both!

Congrats!:cheers:

And BTW let your son know I think the A&M Maggie Marching Band is one of the best I've ever seen!

Congrats!

I was in last year but didn't get to finish because of a car accident that twisted my spine up badly and still in a long recovery process.

College is something everyone should experience if possible. What did he major in?

Congrats again and much success to ya both!

The degree is Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology (MMET). It's basically a hands-on, practical mechanical engineering degree, as opposed to the egghead, theoretical side of mechanical engineering (no offense meant to any of you eggheads). :rolleyes:

Bravo!!! Bravo !!! Bravissimo !!!

I am one of those 'eggheads'...
(with 3 siblings whom hate academic rote).

MMET is real world.

all the rest is hype and monetary circumstance.

Kudos Pops !!!

That's super:cheers:
Good luck with the job Aaron:cheers::cheers::cheers:
C

Outstanding, my son will be at UF as a Gator in the Fall. also will be in the Marching band!!

I am finally graduating in two weeks and I can tell you that college is no joke. I have two test tomorrow, a 15 page paper due tomorrow night, a ten page paper due tuesday night, and then on Wed. my finals start. Tell your son congrats and good luck on the job hunt....engineers usually don't have to much trouble finding work.

I am finally graduating in two weeks and I can tell you that college is no joke. I have two test tomorrow, a 15 page paper due tomorrow night, a ten page paper due tuesday night, and then on Wed. my finals start. Tell your son congrats and good luck on the job hunt....engineers usually don't have to much trouble finding work.

yup Xs2...it can be rough

im finished this spring as well, i finished on May 2.

i dont know what to do with myself now that i have so much free time. LOL

Congratulations to you and more specifically Aaron!!! I hope he enjoys his new job and finds it fascinating!!

My daughter has been going to college for 9 years and working full time and finally this month graduates with a business degree! I'm in awe of her!!!!

Congratulations to all graduates!!!!!

Awesome news Jerry! I think quite a few of us here feel like we watched Aaron grow up ... and what a fantastic young man he's turned into too! Congrats to both of you -- him for the schooling success, and you for doing such a fine job raising him. You both make me proud to call you friends. :-D

yup Xs2...it can be rough

im finished this spring as well, i finished on May 2.

i dont know what to do with myself now that i have so much free time. LOL

C'mon girlfriend. I'll teach ya how to powder coat. And during our "free time" we can put the 4-speed I've had stashed forever in my Cuda. LOL!!!!

I forgot to update this thread...
Aaron landed a job right out of the chute. He's in Katy, Texas, right outside of Houston working for ARC Specialties as a junior design engineer. They make custom automated and robotic equipment for welding, cutting, testing, and materials handling. Very cool stuff.

The good news is he's off my payroll. The bad news is that he is 3 hours from home and his Dart Sport is in my driveway waiting to be repaired after his mishap on campus last year.

-
Back