My wagon burned up sunday

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
..along with my left arm

on sunday i was removing my gas tank on my wagon gas was spilled and hit a trouble light ignigting my arm as well as my car :cwm10: my dad thankfully riped off my sweat shirt but i still have 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my left arm as well as some singed hair. my car went up in flames and is for now in the car graveyard(my backyard) the rear is burned pretty bad. my wheel cyl., brake lines. left rear tire, and all rear glass is broke :violent1: i was rushed to the er on sunday night at 6pm and i am now on the toad to recovery. :disgust: the car will eventually be turned into a dragster later on and tubed cause the damage is pretty bad. i have more of this story on here my arm is very sore and i can only type with one hand i'll explain it better later but for now i am going to take it easy.

one good thing that happened is that i asked my dad if he knew anyone who was selling any old cars he told me why dont you fix up that 67 gtx and put that extra 440 and trans in that. so that is a though for now :neutral:

Sorry to here about your loss, Thank Goodness you were able to get
out of there in time. Take it easy, try not to scratch your arm, when
it starts to heal..

Yikes! Good thing your dad was there to help you, it could have been a lot worse. Hope you get well quick.

This gentlemen is the reason not to use incandense bulb lights. I have seen shops burned down from this. Please, all of you purchase the floresent drop lights as soon as you can. The floresent lights have covers on them. And also they don't get hot. Just a little info guys. Green Duster .

sorry to here that you hurt yourself and the car! hope you will get bettter soon!

That sucks! Count your blessings it coulda been worse, maybe one of the Mopar Gods has something else in mind for the car!

briankaplan said:
Please, all of you purchase the floresent drop lights as soon as you can. The floresent lights have covers on them. And also they don't get hot.
yeah when I start to feel better I am going to buy one of those right away, thanks for the sugestion :glasses8:

1972Dart said:
That sucks! Count your blessings it coulda been worse, maybe one of the Mopar Gods has something else in mind for the car!

ya my dads friend, the person who owned the car before ne , said man obviously someone/thing didnt want you to drive thar car

Wow, hope you get well soon. Sorry to hear about your car. A friend of mine had the same thing happen, except he was ok, but his car, garage, house wasn't. Lost everything.

Take care and good luck on the drag car!

giggy said:
Wow, hope you get well soon. Sorry to hear about your car. A friend of mine had the same thing happen, except he was ok, but his car, garage, house wasn't. Lost everything.

Take care and good luck on the drag car!
oh my god now i feel very lucky that is really tto bad, how is he doing as of now

Glad to hear you are O.K.
I'm really sorry to hear that wagon goes down.
But if you are saving a part of that to make it a drag car, that's good, it ain't going to a junkyard and that's cool.

I'm really nut for the '66 Dodge Dart's especially wagons.
I have one and i'm going to collect whole line of '66 Dart's...

Sir First an foremost I am sympathedic to your loss and injury,It scary how quick things happen.

I am not here to judge you or your actions.

Me personally have learned the hard way that 5 secounds of stupidity can mame you for life. I have a knee injury from an act of my stupidity in 1997 I have to wear a leg brace. I will also wear the scar of a 3rd degree burn on my left calf forever from a recent act of stupidity.

Please share with us all the details so we all can learn from it.
Did the tank still have gas in it when you were working on it?

PS I just recently switched over from the normal trouble lights to flouresant in my garage only because i kept burning my self with the bulbs

Again sorry for your loss,and your burn

Sorry to hear about you bad luck, but am glad to hear ou are ok. that is the most important thing. Akso glad to hear you are going to save the Dart. I would hate to se it go to the crusher. I m a big fan of the 66's as I have 2 right now. Onw is a parts car, and the other I have had for 11 years now. We pray for a fast recovery for yourself.

hi, sorry to hear about your 66 wagon.. tell me what parts you need to rebuild.. i have extra side glass, tail gate glass. rearend, wheels .. i have 9 abodie's, so i am sure i have what you need... i am very glad your ok.. you can call me at ...678-688-1897-- i am jim...

On the light thing I can tell you in all professional shops you CAN NOT have the old school trouble light. Insurance company's will not let us... and now I know why even more!

Ya me and my dad would never send an old mopar to heavin, at least not by crushing it, and now that i'm looking around i am getting intrested in a 66 dart again, but a gt version. anyone have a 66 dart prefer 4 speed, slant or v8 i dont care i'll mod either one :D.

but my dad said i can work on some of his cars he has

his: 70 challenger conv. 383 soon to be concole shift, along with a 69 gtx 440 4 speed, conv...its rar right

others: 72 challenger hard top roller no title, 67 gtx i think i'm gonna work on that and put an extra 440 in it hp too :D

we just got a 70 roadrunner with a 383 block sized, very very bad but rather save it then crush it ;)

Sorry to hear a fellow MOPARIAN snagged some bad luck.......steel & glass & rubber can be repaired or replaced not so easy with flesh & bone as I have painfully learned........."safety first!" is not just a catchy phrase....... neither is "machines have no mercy"........Shortcuts are the quickest path to the hospital ( Moms words).....take care of you & yours .......otherwise who is gonna restore all that nifty MOPAR MUSCLE! take care, get well & BE SAFE!

Wow that's scary seen to many accidental fires

I have floresent drop light and keep a fire extinguisher in the shop

-
Back