My winter project. 1974 W100 Utiline

-
Looks great, very good work so far!

Here are a couple Power Wagons at Joe's place. The one on the left is a factory big block. It would be neat to do.

DSC03261.jpg

Here's a picture of my 65 Fargo W300. Not the same body style, but figured you might get a kick out of it.

attachment.php

Looks great, very good work so far!

Here are a couple Power Wagons at Joe's place. The one on the left is a factory big block. It would be neat to do.

DSC03261.jpg

Here's a picture of my 65 Fargo W300. Not the same body style, but figured you might get a kick out of it.

attachment.php

Dang I need Joe's place to be closer. I need that grill and sliding rear window would be sweet too. I love your W300. That thing is too cool.

Yea Joes place looks like the place to be. I need fenders and door......

Mike, love your 65

It's getting there. These are after cutting it the first time. Since I took this pic I have wet sanded the entire door again and over the pinstripe. I just don't want to burn through. It is starting to get some shine to it.

Attachments

• Paint8.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Paint9.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 234
Dang I need Joe's place to be closer. I need that grill and sliding rear window would be sweet too. I love your W300. That thing is too cool.

I'll take a look for a grill for you next time I'm out there. I'll look for the one with the least amount of dents/dings. I doubt he'll let go of the big block truck, but he does have a 2wd version with a 440 that he said he would sell me. The 440 is a donor for the Fargo.

I'll take a look for a grill for you next time I'm out there. I'll look for the one with the least amount of dents/dings. I doubt he'll let go of the big block truck, but he does have a 2wd version with a 440 that he said he would sell me. The 440 is a donor for the Fargo.

Shipping would be a killer. I have already gotten two quotes from back east and both were above $150. That's crazy for something that weighs 2 lbs.

Well I took it around the block for it's first drive. The clutch needs to be adjusted and other minor stuff, but she runs good and has plenty of power. It's so dirty already from just driving it around the block. I made a short video too.

Attachments

• First drive.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 349
That thing looks awesome!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

There is a straight 2wd `73 clubcab wideside shorty that popped up for sale around the corner. It's cheap and I am broke beyond broke right now:pale:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! :notworth: :thumblef: :thumbrig: :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Man I really like that truck!!!!!!!!! Are you going to do a stake bed of some kind?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am doing bodywork on the Utiline bed as we speak. It should be painted in a couple of weeks, then I start building a front bumper.

Well I have a front bumper. It is tig welded with 1/4" plate aluminum, but most of it is reinforced with more 1/4" plate, so most of the bumper is 1/2" thick. The ends will actually support my weight no problem and I weigh 220. The cool part is that it only weighed in at about 50 lbs. I don't really need a 350 lb steel bumper, because I don't plan on pushing cows or knocking over trees any time soon. I guess the light weight thing is just the hot rodder in me.

I rhino lined it, because I thought it would be different. What do you think?

Attachments

• Bumper1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Bumper2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Bumper3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 264
Definately different. Definately way cool. Good job! I cant wait to see what she looks like finished, you are doing an incredible job Badart

A little update. Sat the bed on there to mock everything up and get some measurements for my lift blocks. Don't worry I still need to level out the bed, but everything is going as planned.
I still need to pull the fenders off and spray the silver on them, paint the tailgate and brackets and then it should be almost done.

Attachments

• Paint10.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 202
-
Back