N96 One-of-None 1972 Demon Fresh-Air Hood

-
that is very cool!and if you get hungry on tha road you can bake a cake..

Looks awesome and factory, great job! I just completed my hood/ram air base. I used a 18" cake pan and Moroso fire retardant foam to seal to the hood. Total cost was about ~$40.

IMG_1830_zpsf96e8a0c.jpg

IMG_1845_zpsed904f5a.jpg

IMG_1837_zps31221c60.jpg

IMG_1844_zpscba80352.jpg

IMG_1843_zps34d6c4f0.jpg

Hey Joey, I see you got the back end down. Did you swap out springs or pull out a couple of leaves? Looks much better too! I pulled out a couple from Gary's 72 Demon but it didn't lower it much at all....

The seal is very flexible so it does a good job of conforming around the bracing. Here's two pictures that I took with the hood closed. I had to lay under the car and reach up into the engine comparment with my camera to take these:

View attachment 1714607118

View attachment 1714607119

A+ in CREATIVITY, in all stages of design and fabrication... and in taking the "hood closed/under hood photos":finga:

Okay, so we all know that Dodge did not make a N96 fresh-air hood and air cleaner to match the dual snorkel hood scoop that came as a factory option on the 72 Demon/73 Dart Sport. That is why I decided to make my own… I call it the “home baked” Demon Ramcharger fresh-air system. Proving that you can have your cake and your fresh air too, of course the cake would be Devil’s Food! The air cleaner seals to the hood and encloses both hood scoop air inlets (in stock location) providing fresh air to the carb. For reference, I’m running an LD-340 intake and 1/2” spacer under the carb. The list of parts I used follows the pictures.

View attachment 1714606694
View attachment 1714606695
View attachment 1714606696
View attachment 1714606697
View attachment 1714606700

Parts List:
17x3 inch cake pan; EBay: $39.00
Air Cleaner Lid from N96 Ramcharger/Air Grabber air cleaner assembly; Herb’s Parts: $105.00
Ford Motor Sports Air Cleaner (I used the base plate and air filter for the correct drop for my set up and the correct diameter for the N96 lid); Summit Racing (PN# PRO-302-350): $48.00
Goodmark Industries GM Cowl Induction hood seal, installed inside out (PN# GMK-402023006912): $22.00
Mopar decals from Performance Car Graphics (to counteract Ford and Chevy parts): $41.00
Misc. Parts; Rivets and Paint: $15.00

Total cost with shipping: $270.00

Certainly, you could do this for less money if you don’t use the N96 air cleaner lid and decals.

This is a great idea, I will make thesame thing for my Duster. Looks like stock!

I'd love to see some more pictures of the base and how you made it. A step-by-step guide would be amazing!. This Is exactly like what I've been trying to figure out and I love it. Thanks!

I'd love to see some more pictures of the base and how you made it. A step-by-step guide would be amazing!.

Go back and re-read my post number 1, 8, 18 and 23 in this thread. I think these will answer most if not all of your questions. If not, then post your specific question. Thanks.

Hey stole your idea, I think it turned out good.
Did it the cheap way.
Summit 14" drop air cleaner $21
17" cake pan E-bay $40
72 A-body decal Year One $10 ??? don't remember the price bought it years ago.
Good mark hood seal $22 did you use any adhesive to attach the gasket to the cake pan?

pGbfYc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The lip on my cake pan has a rolled radius, how did you get the seal to stay on it?

V4S14u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The lip on my cake pan has a rolled radius, how did you get the seal to stay on it?

I used the same rivets and washers that I used to attach the base to the cake pan. See pictures with directions below.

The arrow points to the channel in the gasket I used to place the washer and rivet.

View attachment Air Cleaner 18.jpg

This is looking at the outside of the gasket as it is attached to the outside of the cake pan, you can see the rivet and gasket. I pushed the gasket up against the lip in the pan and measured the distance that I need to drill the holes in the pan so the gasket would fit tight against the lip. Place the rivets every 4 to 6 inches.

View attachment Air Cleaner 16.jpg

This is a picture looking at the inside of the pan. You can see the lip on the pan and the end of the rivet just to the left of my thumb.

View attachment Air Cleaner 15.jpg

Another picture looking from the outside of the pan and how the gasket hides the rivet. I painted mine black after I had everything installed to hide the white rivet and washer.

View attachment Air Cleaner 14.jpg

Here's the rivets and washers I used.

View attachment Air Cleaner 17.jpg

-
Back