Naming cars?

-

raggarin

Reaction score
Do you name your cars?My Dart is named Bettina and I'm getting a -67 Belvedere Cab that I think I'm gonna name Donna!:)

My cousin jokingly told my daughter he was gonna call her car the green hornet... she took it literally(and she liked it)... so now he's making her a windshield topper with the name

GREEN
greenhornetlogo.jpg
HORNET

dsc00116q.jpg

My Ramcharger is the Bus, but the ram's head ornament is named "Eddie" (I came up with that driving across I94 in Wisconsin in the early morning hours driving out to MN to see my wife's parents. Poor fella, gettin' all cold out there looking into the pastures on Christmas Eve...) My first car, a '76 Charger, I named Anita the Beast. A buddy of mine in high school named my '69 Sport Satellite the "Millenium Falcon," as in the fastest hunk of junk in the county.

Me & my Sister would name our cars after the previous owner. For example, my Barracuda is Sal and the Dart, coincidentally, is John. Made for some interesting references growing up, especially when you have a Lester and Mildred in the stable....

Now I've progressed to using emotional names, therefor the Barracuda is my Metal Mistress. The Dart is just called Shitbox.
:angry7:

My wife named my duster Dorothy after she saw the little duster emblem on the back and it reminded her of The Wizard of Oz. She also named my father in laws car Suzie after he told her he need to put QQ plates on his 54 Chevy :angry7: (aka. Suzie Q)

My 1972 Coronet's name is Heather, my Kawasaki Concours's name is Courtney. I named the car Heather after Heather Graham solely to piss off a girl I was with. I named my guitar Jackie for the same reason :D

i looked up the top 100 girl names of the year my car was made ,69, and chose the name that was in the slot next to how old i was when i bought the car hence my cuda is named Pamela

My Duster is named Twisted Attitude, the 67 Dart is Sweet Dreams, the 68 Dart is Grim Ripper(4-speed car), my 05 Ram is Big Chief, the 05PT Crusier was called Half Pint, the 97 Ram I had was Ol' Red.
I name the cars to give them a personallity

Nope. I don't name my cars, my snakes, my spiders, or my scorpions. If they aren't going to come when you call them they don't need a name.

i had a duster called the dancin duster.my charger was called tinys toy im building another duster and it will be called gess you got it the dancin duster 2 my car know is bruce.(witch is for sale)less motor &trans

i looked up the top 100 girl names of the year my car was made ,69, and chose the name that was in the slot next to how old i was when i bought the car hence my cuda is named Pamela

That is pretty cool however that wont work for me. 1973 most popular name was Jennifer (my ex wife's name) I cant do that to my DART.

My wife proudly named my son"s Duster "the P.O.S. in the Driveway, So now every body calls it that. They are just jealous !!!

Bob/ Bryce

My 63 Dart is Leroy. Don't ask! My brothers car (a 40 Buick coupe) was named Mayflower, because many a puritan came across in it. LOL Mike

MeMike; come on down.... it's twenty-five cents for the first quarter-mile... LOL! (gotta pay expenses, you know...)

Oh wait; I forgot... we don't have any quarter-mile drag strips in Arkansas... How about twenty cents for 1,000 feet??? :cheers:

If it doesn't make you smile, I'll give you your money back!!! 8)

!>>>"My brothers car (a 40 Buick coupe) was named Mayflower, because many a puritan came across in it."<<<:cherry:

LOL!!!

Now, that's funny; I don't care who you are!!! :)

Yea my 70 Dart is named Lazy Jane, for the simple fact shes big and slow and never want to move hence the lazy and the jane, well she looked like a jane to me so what the hell lol

-
Back