Need a 727 Pump to Clutch Selective Washer!!!!!!

-

threewood

Reaction score
Pulling teeth:protest: Does anyone know who has a selective fiber washer (between front pump and clutch ) in the .112" to .126 range? I need to tighten up my endplay. I have a .086" washer in it with .057" endplay.

Everywhere I look, they have full kits, no info on thickness. Only place I found single thrust wahers was TSR Racing but no way am I paying $22 for ground shipping a selective washer and two .010" planetary shims.:banghead:

CRT or A&A don't have any listed that I found.

Pulling teeth:protest: Does anyone know who has a selective fiber washer (between front pump and clutch ) in the .112" to .126 range? I need to tighten up my endplay. I have a .086" washer in it with .057" endplay.

Everywhere I look, they have full kits, no info on thickness. Only place I found single thrust wahers was TSR Racing but no way am I paying $22 for ground shipping a selective washer and two .010" planetary shims.:banghead:

CRT or A&A don't have any listed that I found.

In the parts catalog that I have in front of me, they list the Selective Front clutch washers (fibre material) in the following sizes:
.061", .081", and .102" thickness only.
You might want to find out if there is a Transtar distributor near you, as they will have these, or go ask a local transmission shop if they can be of help.
I know that I can get them, but I'm a long way from you.

Thank you. I just bit the bullet and ordered a whole set of selective and thrust washers. I may need them, who knows.

I've never seen anything thicker than a .102"... The .102 will cut it back to about .041" end play. Did you shim up the rear planetary gearset? If it has excessive slop that'll loosen things up. I've ran into some 727's in the past that I couldn't get tighter than .035" with everything shimmed as tight as I could get it.

I've never seen anything thicker than a .102"... The .102 will cut it back to about .041" end play. Did you shim up the rear planetary gearset? If it has excessive slop that'll loosen things up. I've ran into some 727's in the past that I couldn't get tighter than .035" with everything shimmed as tight as I could get it.

Not yet, there are a few .010" planetary shims in the kit I bought. This is going in a spare BB transmission so I had it all apart to clean and inspect. Very little wear on this 1964 bb pushbutton tranny, but the endplay is too much for my tastes. Bands are real good, didn't dig into the clutch packs yet. I will update when I get the kit. Thanks.

-
Back