Need a mechanic in the longview wa area

-

jeremy moody

Reaction score
I need to find someone to help me get my car running again. Its a 1963 plymouth valiant it has a 225 slant 6. It has a ignition timing issue. My dad was replacing the points and condenser and dropped a screw from one of them into the distributor and i turned my car over and it sheared off part of the gear on my distributor. So the cam still moved and now its all out of whack. I bought a new distributor and we tried to get it going but no luck. Now its backfiring through the carb. If somebody knows someone in the longview wa area please let me know thanks.

I'm more than an hour away myself but if you take this to the slant 6 discussion they may have more Slant six help for you.

I need to find someone to help me get my car running again. Its a 1963 plymouth valiant it has a 225 slant 6. It has a ignition timing issue. My dad was replacing the points and condenser and dropped a screw from one of them into the distributor and i turned my car over and it sheared off part of the gear on my distributor. So the cam still moved and now its all out of whack. I bought a new distributor and we tried to get it going but no luck. Now its backfiring through the carb. If somebody knows someone in the longview wa area please let me know thanks.

Sounds like the firing order isn't correct (the plug wires are
on the wrong plugs)?
Yup, if I were you I'd post the problem on the slant six part of this forum and I'm positive that most people on that part of the form will all have a general consensus and how that procedure is done putting in your distributor putting all the wires and having your motor in the right firing order. I just have patience maybe take pictures and post them that helps a lot of people too. Just remember this is the Forum there's always going to be some jack wheel coming in here and making some off the subject comment to make everybody laugh and poke fun at people( excuse me why chain saw this big log out of my eye), but just get by that and get to the good information but you can have a laugh while your on the way.
I can tell you from my experience what's help me most with those slant 6 Motors is everyone I've had the previous owners have neglected to do a valve lash adjustment. I take the half hour to do that and always smoothes out the idle and makes it purr like a sewing machine LOL and I'm absolutely positive that the same people that will help you get it running on the slant 6 part of this forum will also guide you through a simple valve adjustment.

I have no idea who that is but if i could get his contact info that would be great
He's a member here.

He's so sharp he could probably write a three paragraph essay that gets you back on track, gets your car running tens, and gets your goldfish laid.

First thing to do is get a factory service manual for your car. It contains a lot of information that will be at your fingertips, instead of waiting on an answer from an internet forum.

Repair the distributor this way, then read this post for how to get the distributor installed so it's phased correctly with the camshaft.

(I'm in Vancouver, BC most of the time—sometimes in Seattle, WA)

Holy **** some goldfish somewhere just got some and is currently smoking a cigarette while lying on a waterbed.

-
Back