Need a profile pic of your car

-
Thanks for kind words Steve. I was looking for a fastback and then this one popped up.
The cragars have BFG t/a on them.
The black wheels have Cooper Cobra on them
Bobby

Both setups suit that car perfectly. I was looking for 205/60/15 in raised white letter, but no go as that's what's on car now(BFG, with white lettering).
Steelies are what's planned, and the all black look on yours looks great.
Good to know 215/65/15 fit.
Thanks for kind words Steve. I was looking for a fastback and then this one popped up.
The cragars have BFG t/a on them.
The black wheels have Cooper Cobra on them
Bobby

Fyi, here's a link for comparing tire sizes, and I also took of pic of Cooper catalog with current sizes avail for 14/15" Cobras.
Tire Size Comparison

20240920_081727.jpg

I thought about painting the wheels silver instead of black but I figured it would be too much silver especially with the hub caps. As for the tire sizes I was using a site called Tacoma Tire.com it does the same thing as the one you put a link to.

These are 205/70-14 & 225/70-14 on 5.5" SBP Rallyes
I doubt you'd squeeze anything wider than a 225 on that size of a rim without it looking like a balloon.
I'm eventually upgrading to 15" LBP but had to get new shoes this past spring. Didn't trust the 16-year-old ones that were on it for another season - no visual dry-rot, but the tread was getting hard & had a shimmy I couldn't balance out.
Tires2.jpg
Tires1.jpg

These are 205/70-14 & 225/70-14 on 5.5" SBP Rallyes
I doubt you'd squeeze anything wider than a 225 on that size of a rim without it looking like a balloon.
I'm eventually upgrading to 15" LBP but had to get new shoes this past spring. Didn't trust the 16-year-old ones that were on it for another season - no visual dry-rot, but the tread was getting hard & had a shimmy I couldn't balance out.
View attachment 1716314987View attachment 1716314986
Thanks for the reply. Considering the same combo. Nice looking ride as well.

225/5015 up front 235/50 16 out back on 15" x7 4.25 backspace superlite wheels , will get a pic one of these days

225/5015 up front 235/50 16 out back on 15" x7 4.25 backspace superlite wheels , will get a pic one of these days
Thanks for sharing Nat. That's one combination I have not seen yet. Any rubbing up front?

Don't be afraid to cut a car & make the tires you like fit the car.
Sitting here reading old threads when you chimed in. Too many variables for me to pick tires and wheels but can't cut a car to make the wheels fit. Too nice of a car. Thanks for your comment though.

Sitting here reading old threads when you chimed in. Too many variables for me to pick tires and wheels but can't cut a car to make the wheels fit. Too nice of a car. Thanks for your comment though.
I understand, I always figure it's just metal and it can be fixed.
I'm a dart guy so they have the cut quarters on 68 super stock darts, that's really awesome looking to me so I duplicated it on my 70.
I picked a 28 in tall tire for the fronts and a 31 in tall tire for the back, mine however is a drag car project so I don't mind doing the necessary cutting. Those tires need some help to fit lol.
Good luck figuring out the tires you want

I understand, I always figure it's just metal and it can be fixed.
I'm a dart guy so they have the cut quarters on 68 super stock darts, that's really awesome looking to me so I duplicated it on my 70.
I picked a 28 in tall tire for the fronts and a 31 in tall tire for the back, mine however is a drag car project so I don't mind doing the necessary cutting. Those tires need some help to fit lol.
Good luck figuring out the tires you want
Thanks, I'll need it.

-
Back