Need Header Head Pipe Help

-
Bigger exhaust to let it breathe better. Go 2 or 4 bbl and upgrade the cam. That would be least expensive.

A victim of the site-crash that took out about a week's worth of posts.

A victim of the site-crash that took out about a week's worth of posts.
Could be! I should have saved them, but of course like the idiot I am, I did not.

If anyone has any pictures to add here, it would be greatly appreciated as I am getting ready to install my headers. Thank you.

I just bought a set of these headpipes, I can get photos when they arrive. Should be here in a week or so.
Yeah I looked at those. I mightta jumped, but they were wrapped and that's just a huge no for me. I'm sure pictures of them would help, but I was hoping for some installed pictures. It's pretty darn tight where they have to go through and I was wanting some ideas. Since I've gotten the headers on now, I'm ready to get the head pipes done.

How hard would it be to make one?
That's the plan. There are two that have to go through that area. I believe I have enough pipe with lots of individual bends. It's just cutting them right. I ain't good at that kinda thing.

Hey Rusty! Long time - no chat.

I had to cut up my header pipes to get the angle right to clear the power steering, etc. To get all the angles right, I bought a box of black pipe plumbing parts and assembled those to get the angle and lengths right and then transferred the mockup to the headers. Super tight fit through the Z bar! Once in a while I get a tiny rattle when the RPM and load is just right, but I'll live with it. If you want pics from under the car, I can get you some over the 4th. Good luck man!

ex1.jpg

ex3.jpg

Yes you do. You just haven’t come to the realization you NEED a hair dryer.

Let’s do it!!!!
I could actually. If I did a head swap in the current engine and put the closed chamber head on. That would raise the chamber volume from 34cc now to 58cc. Compression would certainly be low enough for a turbo, but the pistons on the current engine sit about .180" in the hole. That head would be going to waste. Although it is fully ported and has 318 valves in it, I'd hate to use it and not utilize the quench chambers.

-
Back