Need help identifying part!

-

Exjouster

Reaction score
Ok, need help with the ID on a part on my 62 Lancer. It looks to be a cylindrical inline (possibly filter) that is just to the right of and below the starter.
Thanks for the help!

Btw, i have at least 2 of the small plastic inline fuel filters on the car...is this normal?

20161005_110922.jpg

That looks like a filter of some sort. Either gas or for the trans line. Try to break the seal of the fitting and see what fluid is in there...

Ok, need help with the ID on a part on my 62 Lancer. It looks to be a cylindrical inline (possibly filter) that is just to the right of and below the starter.
Thanks for the help!

Btw, i have at least 2 of the small plastic inline fuel filters on the car...is this normal?

View attachment 1714999363
All you have to do is trace the hose that goes to the front of your car. If it goes into the bottom of the radiator, you gotta Tranny filter. If it goes to the Fuel Pump, you gotta Fuel Filter. Okay? And you better do something soon, that dude looks like it might blow through any second. As far as a replacement, good luck! This looks like a slow mover, slow moving part number do not 'stick around!' Ya know what I mean?!?

Thanks for the help!

View attachment 1714999363
The only problem I can think of is; the mechanical fuel pump will have trouble priming the fuel system if you should happen to run out of gas. Dual filters tell me there might be a problem with rust in the fuel tank. Normally I would not run dual fuel filters (If that is what this is!) without an electric, pusher, fuel pump in back close to the fuel tank and a regulator keeping the fuel pressure around five psi!!!

Who the hell wants to pay fifty bucks for a trans filter? Just do it the way it's linked in post № 7 and be done with it once and for good.

Hey all, thanks for the help! Scooped up the last one from Rock Auto. $8 plus shipping... compared to the gougers extorting 50-150 for it on ebay and nos sites!

That filter's been N/A through normal channels for enough years that I'll be curious to see what RockAuto sends you.

-
Back