Need help identifying this baby bird

-

j-miller

Demonized by Dodge
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
No it's not the middle finger or in your pants type of bird. This baby bird just come out of nowhere or somewhere and decided to adopt us. I have no clue what kind it is? I don't know of any nest in our trees either.
I have been trying to take care of it and keep it alive but would like to find somebody who can help out locally and take it to a better place like a bird sanctuary. If it keeps following me around where I am working on the truck or car it won't live long.

It's almost the size of a fullgrown pigeon or maybe smaller.

Attachments

• IMG00025-20110902-1640.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 256
A pigeon is what it is.

Thats what I first thought too because it's gray. But the beak is a little longer than what pics I seen of pigeons.

It must be a lost pigeon because I never seen one here in around home. They seem to hang around the farms and not venture too far. It can't even fly yet,and that's what baffles me on how'd it got here.

How many people would I piss off if I said they were good eating?

Not me, we have a couple of guys come to the farm each year to s---t them, they also say they are very good eating tastes like chicken.

Kenny

The bibles does tell of eating pigeons. I wonder if they are that good?

Something to ponder, many believe birds are messengers from the spirit world. Personally, I do think there is something to this, as I have had some strange experiences with 'out of place' birds coming around after someone I was close to passed on.

Pigeons are said to symbolize home and family; this one's message to you could be to call a family member, or ask yourself if you are listening to your family like you should or showing gratitude towards them, or even needing to forgive someone.

Pigeons are very smart. They are one of the few animals that can recognize itself in a mirror (the only bird that can do this.) They can tell the difference between two people in a photograph, and they have been used in rescue operations.

Hope you figure out what to do with him or her.

Yeah, well I've got my own theory,

I reckon it's a ROAD RUNNER!!!!

Why else would it be hanging around a bloke who is working on his car?
LOL :blob:

I dont know what you are feeding it, but warm rice has always been a favorite of my birds young and old. Keep some fresh water available too!

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Thanks for all the responses guys. You gave me a chuckle this morning already!
Well originally the neighbors kids found it after I went away in the morning and they told me about it when I got home. They left for the weekend and it's stuck here with me.

Yeah it would have been nice if it was a baby Roadrunner...lol!

I may be in luck finding a new home for it. When our dogs were living,the dog groomer had all kinds of animals she had or still has as pets. She had llamas,skunks,parrots,ferrets and still has a mounain lion she had since it was a young kitten that stays outside in a cage. She might take the pigeon and raise it.

Doves and Pigeons are from the same Family! You just have to have small beer cans to make beer butt pigeons!

actually, most are wrong. there, my friend, you have what is known in south america as a " heminized cuda' ". well known for there speed and agility. they do drink alot, but when you see them soar, you have no other cares in the world.

it is amazing that it made it so far north without a lick of rust.

maybe best option would be to contact galian glover, as i am sure he will take that baby under his wing call him hat 1 440 383 6pac. thank you aLL, and have a pleasant day with your rare find so far up north

Well a little update on my feathered freind. It likes raw meat and it doesn't coo like a pigeon,more like a shrill sound. Maybe it's a hemi bird.

-
Back