need prayers for my 4 legged friend

-
That is great news. Keep us posted!

Lucy Van Pelt (see my avatar) and I send you all our prayers! It's so sad that they can't tell us what happened to them or even where it hurts. Lucy had Lyme disease this year and when she started crying and snapping, we had no clue if she got hurt somehow. She's better now though.

Hope she gets better soon!

when Dodger got hurt I am sure the prayers are what helped him...I'm keepin yur Sadie in mine cause I Know it will take more

Sorry to join the thread so late. Go Sadie!

Glad to hear that she is doing well after surgery.

Keep her rested and feed her well. It sounds like she will make it.

Give her lots of love to keep her spirits up and not feel neglected even though she is not very "mobile" at this time. Try not to just leave her in the cage/pen without any attention. She needs your love and attention to help her through this.

Sorry to join the thread so late. Go Sadie!

Glad to hear that she is doing well after surgery.

Keep her rested and feed her well. It sounds like she will make it.

Give her lots of love to keep her spirits up and not feel neglected even though she is not very "mobile" at this time. Try not to just leave her in the cage/pen without any attention. She needs your love and attention to help her through this.

I agree. She gets lots of attention as it is now. I told the kids they can pet her and talk to her, but they cannot pick her up or play with her for awhile. She is attached to me tho, so whrn i get home from work she will be getting my attention. Plus our hangout time before i go to bed. I know she isnt gonna like being penned up.

Well gang,

Sadie is doing well. I picked her up today, and headed home. 2.5 hour drive each way. She rested the whole way, never took her eyes off me. The greeting i got was great. She was a bit groggy from pain killers. 6" long incision in her lower back, and everything was surgically stapled. I have to do rehab with her twice a day, worked her leg muscles for the first time tonite. She didnt protest, and let me work and massage her leg muscles.

All the staff at the surgery center loved her, said they were upset to see her go. Said she is very stoic for a small dog. She never put up a fuss, or anything. Its like she knew these people were there to help her get well.

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes, i think now with us doing the muscle rehab for the next 8 weeks, and lots of bed rest i think she will be fine.

How great. Give Sadie a gentle hug for me.

Dachshund mixes are very special dogs, sweet yet determined and stubborn. I had to smile when you said after the surgery she ate and drank well...Roxy the one I know is crazy for food. And very attached to her master, I was always a poor substitute UNLESS she was mad at my roommate. A couple times when she was sick I took her to the vet, like you say very stoic, she always just rested quietly while I drove.

Prayers continue for Sadie and thank you for the update.

Yay We Love four legged Good New's !!!!!!

Attachments

• dart gt 867.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 105
  • dart gt 907.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 89
Hi Y'all

I my best buddy on 4 legs is up there in years. Sadie Mae is 10 people years old equates to 70 doggie years. I came home last night around 9pm from work kids are asleep, sadie normally sleeps with one of my kids every night. Well this morning i hear a loud yelp and she is walking down the hallway favoring her back legs really bad. I lay her on her side and carefully run her legs thru a full range of motion , check her pelvis, and tail, no yelps, but midway between her shoulder blades and pelvis in her spine she yelped and snapped a bit. Obviously a back injury. She doesnt have arthritis or anything like that. Grace said she had to pick up sadie and put her on the bed last night. She usually just jumps up there by herself.

Sadie has an appointment at 2:30 with the vet today. Im hoping she just needs an anti infammatory and some bed rest. I adopted her when she was one year old, and she has been my best friend for all these years. I hope she is ok. I know when the time comes for god to take her its gonna be rough on me, im just not ready for that. She is family .

Please pray for her that she is going to be alright. I love her so much.

Matt

got some pix off my phone.

she is hangin w my dad in 2 of the other pix, and the car pic im bringing her home from her recent surgery. the last pic she is hanging with the other pet i used to have. sadie doesnt like cats, but i got this cutie as a 6 week old kitten, and Sadie loved her. Sadly i had to give my kitty away as my new stepdaughter is severly allergic to cats. i found her a good home, the lady she lives with spoils her, but when i gave her up Sadie was bummed out for awhile.

Sadie is doing good. she gets the stitches out on monday, and a progress checkup. she is walking a little better and better every day now. it remains to be seen if she will have use of her tail anymore. it just stays limp. but if she walks well, then thats good, id take a bum tail on her as a tradeoff to keep my 4 legged best friend in good health.

Attachments

• 20130506_161425.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 20130506_161440.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20130930_174958.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 007.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 98
Great news! As for the cat......that pic is hilarious! She almost has the "OK, sigh, I'll be seen with a cat" look.

Sadie girl update. Back legs are getting stronger. She doesnt favor her right back leg as much anymore. Staples were removed from her back about 2 weeks ago. And she is getting back to being her plucky and playful old self. The only casualty to all this seems to be her tail :-( its just limp now. I know my sadie long enough to know what she's prob thinking. The tail is an important part of her body language she uses to communicate.i do miss her wagging it.

I take her back november 4th for a final checkup with the surgeon. Im sure in anther week she will be almost back to normal.

Matt

Just read this, glad Sadie is doing well, just had my Lab, R/Ts, ACL fixed three weeks ago, doing fine. They are more than just pets, they are family.

-
Back