Need recommendation of oil for startup

-
its all sae approved just put some zinc in it like rusty said

I might've missed it in the text above, but is there still a pretty strong feeling against breaking in an engine with synthetic oils?

As far as I'm concerned, yes. A fresh engine has to wear a little in order to seat the rings and establish a contact surface on the cam lobes. Synthetics don't allow for that wearing in.

Ah, I see...I recall seeing the same logic a few times several years ago-wasn't sure if the thoughts were still the same.

As far as I'm concerned, yes. A fresh engine has to wear a little in order to seat the rings and establish a contact surface on the cam lobes. Synthetics don't allow for that wearing in.

Why do auto and motorcycle manufacturers send their stuff out with synthetic oil out of the box?

I don't do bikes - I can't answer that and don't really see the relevence. Aside from them buring the same fuel there's little that translates to car engines.
In terms of high end cars - my impression is for the models that do ship them with it the manufacturers do something to alleviate the issues during machining and/or assembly and/or initial start up.

Why do auto and motorcycle manufacturers send their stuff out with synthetic oil out of the box?

Because they are already broken in. Chevrolet did and does the same thing with the Corvette. Those engines are broken in first.

-
Back