Need some direction

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Just decided to go 6.1 in my 65 Dart. Got RMS K in it. What's the best place to find engine/tranny to drop in? Copart? I'm having a hard time finding something decent.

Send 73dusterb5blue a pm, he can help ya out, or ebay and craigslist.

Just decided to go 6.1 in my 65 Dart. Got RMS K in it. What's the best place to find engine/tranny to drop in? Copart? I'm having a hard time finding something decent.

Bob Mazzolini tells me he has one only - 6.1 crate motor with factory intake, by wire TB. And no ECU...for $5900.

He got it in when he ordered mine.

Thanks guys appreciate it. Saw a few on eBay but seemed a bit steep. Passed one up at goodguys show for 4,500 complete and my stupid *** passed it up!

Don't mean to thread jack but I have a question. If you already have an alter-k is it for the new hemi swap or for an older SB/BB mopar engine? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there maybe some differences between the new and old setups. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Thanks, Aj

Impound sales is where I pick up a lot of goodies if you aren't in a hurry. Co-Part is best used if you have a buddy with an suto dismantlers license because as a private buyer they soak you with a lot more fees.

They make different mounts for the alter-k for the hemi. Just have to swap them out. Still not sure what route I want to go. Probably just stick with the sb and make it wicked. By the time I'm done with the 6.1 I'll have 8 grand or better in it for sure. Just hate to get a motor and tranny out of something because there is always that unknown and I'm old school and not up on all the electronically controlled stuff. Would be sweet though like Tins ride.

-
Back