Need to rebuild my 727. STRONG

-

EXcappa

Reaction score
So a few days ago I was just cruising and the trans starting slipping badly in top gear. I suppose the previous thrashings didn't help.
I am going to have a mate rebuild it.

Now my question is what parts should we put in there to strengthen it up.
The next engine build will have around 700hp so it needs to be able to handle that and a bit more.

I have seen the low band apply thingo so that is a must.

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers
EXcappa

A transmission guy once told me, change the cooler lines and radiator whenever you replace your transmission due to a failure. It's simply good insurance. Hard to go wrong with a transmission and matched converter from John Cope.

:happy1:
It would be nice to know some definite items to change, we know to get a billet drum, bolt in sprag, extra clutchs and steels etc, but are there modifications, machining, drilling, milling etc, definite go to items etc, as the OP and myself for example live outside the US, ya'll must understand its not just a case of giving x,y or z a call, or if its not right return it, those two factors are expensive so we need some good sound advice please from those in the know.

Contact Rick from a & a he will let you know every piece to replace along with any fabrications that need to be done. It is helpful if you can tell him what generation trans you have so knowing what year the trans is, is very helpful. I spoke with him when I built my trans, he was so helpful and my trans has been bulletproof. 3800 pound car with 1100 hp and 1000 lb/ft of torque. I pull double duty street and strip. Hope this helps. 1-317-831-3066, good luck

Contact Rick from a & a he will let you know every piece to replace along with any fabrications that need to be done. It is helpful if you can tell him what generation trans you have so knowing what year the trans is, is very helpful. I spoke with him when I built my trans, he was so helpful and my trans has been bulletproof. 3800 pound car with 1100 hp and 1000 lb/ft of torque. I pull double duty street and strip. Hope this helps. 1-317-831-3066, good luck

OK thanks I will send him an email.
Your trans sounds the go, do you have a list of what internals and mods went into it?

Good luck on sending A&A an email. They might respond to you once and you'll never hear from them again.

Interesting, Ive also sent them an email so I guess we wait and see what transpires

I believe at your power level, you will have better luck and certainly it will be easier on your billfold if you go with a Turbo 400.

Manual valve body,front drum, ultimate sprag,low/rev piston kit,h.d. Band strut,4.2 band lever,4 pinion steel planetaries,rebuild kit, assorted snap rings, bands, extra steels. I kept the same shafts especially to keep speedo gear. The only problem I had with the shaft was I blew a drive shaft and it took out the tail shaft. The good thing with a&a is they will let you know what you need. The process is not cheap but once you absorb he initial cost it's pretty much maintenance free down the road. I pulled my trans to check things out and with over 100 passes and 1000 miles or so you could still read the print on the friction materials.

-
Back