Neighbors......:banghead:

-

Toluene56

Reaction score
My neighbors are hilarious. I bought a house a few months ago and my Neighbors are retarded.
There is in easement on my property to allow them into their landlocked property. But these people would park on it right in front of my "driveway" and make it a pain in the arse to move my truck. So I do some research and find out that it is illegal for them to park on the easement unless it is specified in my deed. Which it isn't. So I set up no parking signs and leave notes on their cars, they FINALLY got the hint and stopped parking there.
Then promptly after this, they call animal control on my dogs, for barking, when someone comes in the yard...which is seldom and they only bark for a few seconds then stop. Basically that went nowhere and animal control just ignored it.
Now I had a surveyor out to check the property lines and such so I can make sure the fence I put up is in the correct spot to avoid any issues with other neighbors and I find out that their gate is on my property, effectively taking around 40sq ft.
Now before I had a chance to do anything about this, these upstanding citizens get in a verbal altercation with my 76 year old grandmother. REALLY!!! I mean really, c'mon. Little old lady that they're pestering and yelling at. So what does dear old grandma do? She screams and cusses and yells right back.:banghead:

So after all that crap we contacted a lawyer and they sent a nice letter telling them that their gate was on my property and to remove it as soon as possible. They were even nice enough to give them a copy of the surveyors remarks proving the accusation.

Now we get a letter from our lawyer saying that they stated my fence is on their property... which it isn't... it's along the property line...THESE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE PROPERTY LINES ARE!!! They're talking out their *** because they got caught!!!:mumum::violent1::banghead:angry9:
:angry5:
Not to mention that they have a heap of trash damn near knocking down my fence because they are some janky *** white trash tweak-a-holics.

sorry...
/rant

There is really only one solution, rev a big block v8 with open headers. As often as possible while drinking a beer with def Leppard cranked up on the stereo.

ahah yeah... my other neighbors told me he loves my dart.. when I would start it up in the morning to goto work. ha.. these asshats will get plenty of open header action. I guarantee!

You could have a small accident with your truck running over the gate and you wouldn't be in trouble since really it is your gate. Once you put up your fence they can't even get at your gate.

...Ummm, you can't do all that gun shooting, motor revving, loud music stuff until you perfect the Bo Duke "Yeehaa!! Try to do the yehaa when you are doing a huge burnout in front of your house. If no burnout is available, a donut or cookie will work also!! Geof

if you are outside city limits, 12 A.M. 1,000 round strings of black cats make for a great time your neighbors are sure to enjoy waking up to

ahahahha.. yeah.. i'm in city limits.. unfortunately I can't use my guns or fireworks..:wack:

and they took their gate down.. but instead of digging out the posts and filling them like I would have done, they whipped out a sawzall and just chopped 'em off and left little stumps.. ahah.. lazy people.

ahahahha.. yeah.. i'm in city limits.. unfortunately I can't use my guns or fireworks..:wack:

and they took their gate down.. but instead of digging out the posts and filling them like I would have done, they whipped out a sawzall and just chopped 'em off and left little stumps.. ahah.. lazy people.

oh well the visual was great lol

at least they are getting the message. i would set up a camera for insurance

yep.. I have a 4 channel Nightowl security camera system w/ 1TB hd DVR setup.

I don't trust them.

Try living next to a farmer who rents the land he is working and who doesn't like the fact that you bought your land and didn't rent it to him also. The jerk next to me grew grain two years in a row and parked the rolled bailes next to my shack. turns out that is an old trick to make a guy sick and hopefully run him off. yeah, I had lung issues for quite a while over it thanks to clueless money grubbing pill pushing doctors.

The way I see it we are enemies for the rest of our lives as I am not leaving. I kinda feel like I owe him .30 cal worth of lung issues too but instead do not put up with that BS any more.

neighbors... ain't they swell?

yeah, that sucks... I'm sure I would have totally lost it after I found out that makes ya sick.

I have a question.
When you put your fence up was it put exactly on the property line or was the face of the fence up to the line.

If on the line technical it would be half on yours and half on theirs.

When we survey for people and they ask how to put up a fence. We tell them keep the posts on your property and the face of the fence up to the line or an inch or two back from the line on their own property, so the neighbor won't have anything to gripe about.

Over the years we've had to do surveys to settle neighbor disputes.
Some are real nasty.

Good luck with your neighbors.

fence is like.. 30 years old.. I bought the property this way.. all the fencing that I have put up in the last couple of months has been on my property to make a dog run and such.

They're trying to say that the fence that has been there for upteen million years is on their property and they want me to remove it. Yet when the measurements are taken it looks very close to the line but still on my property. I'm going to go out and double check everything from the original markers, just to make sure. I guess I don't even trust the surveyor that I hired, even though he's a nice guy. Lol

it also wouldn't hurt to mention that the gate they had built, wasn't straight, it was crooked. So it took a chunk of property shaped like a scalene triangle. If I understand what they had written, they're trying to say that from where their gate was back is on their property, which it isn't. They measured straight along the gate posts (which aren't in line with the property line). I don't think they understand the concept.

EDIT: The gate was attached to a fence that was kitty cornered.. hence the triangle.. sorry I could see that being confusing.

There is really only one solution, rev a big block v8 with open headers. As often as possible while drinking a beer with def Leppard cranked up on the stereo.

Lmao.So true My Daughter has the same problim,Scott cranks up rap witch they hate lmao.For its the fireworks that I piss of the nebulous.

Glad you didn't move next to me.:D For the most part I just try to get along with my neighbors. That way when I'm not around, they watch my back. It actually works out pretty good.

All I have to say about that is this:

You are trying to make it sound like your neighbors are the stupid ones. You won't catch me buying any property, anytime soon, that has a easement to landlocked neighbor's property!!!!

like so.

Untitled.png

I was nice at first.. but then they had the attitudes..

Unfortunately about the easement, it wasn't disclosed at purchase (sale moved fast, first time buyer), along with a few other things we found out about. I was under the impression that it was an unincorporated street. Until I actually found the original deed from 1972 and learned it was an easement.

house was inexpensive, still a good deal.
But it's too late now and live and learn.

All I have to say about that is this:

You are trying to make it sound like your neighbors are the stupid ones. You won't catch me buying any property, anytime soon, that has a easement to landlocked neighbor's property!!!!

What's the worst that could happen somebody gets hurt on the easement and sues the owner. :D

yeah.. the rest of the neighbors are pretty damn cool. But the 7 or 8 people that live in this place are irritating. I really want my fence line fixed and then forget this crap happened, I'll make nice and be the good neighbor.

Unless they do something to my dogs.....then there is no hope.

lol, i used to crank up the sounds of the 1959 indy 500 record for hours by the neibors fence,they moved lol

these upstanding citizens get in a verbal altercation with my 76 year old grandmother.
I have a set of idiot neighbors (like, smoke dope with their kids...and other people's kids, kind of idiots). One day, a few years ago, I hear yelling out back- it's one of the teenage pothead daughters yelling at an old guy who was walking down the alley with his dog.
He had stopped to rest (leaning against his cane) and she started yelling at him because he was being 'inconsiderate' and making their dog bark (oddly enough, they didn't really care any of the other million times their dog barked).
I told her she was a ****ing idiot, and it was the last time I've spoken to any of them.

When I moved into my house an older lady who lives across the street gave me a plant to welcome me to the neighborhood. When I saw her and thanked her she said yes it's a nice quiet neighborhood. I thought to myself :D:D haahaa it WAS. Wasn't long before there was a dirtbike track and kids dirtbikes riding around the yard, snowmobiles in the winter and now a big cammed 440 on open headers :supz:. But really I'm not a bad neighbor... as long as you like motorsports. One of my sons friends that lives about 7 houses down the street says he can hear my car when I start it. I have had many people "jump" when it fires. lol lol lol

-
Back