Neighbors IH Scout

-

ch1ll

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got to show this off. This is my neighbor’s International Scout he is restoring/refurbishing and she is a beauty. He recently got it back from paint.

7179BF45-3BC3-4B31-90AA-3F23B50A3CF6.jpeg

0F26EB5F-4446-4A27-B50C-E327FC8BD637.jpeg

My dad had Scouts for service vehicles for a John Deere dealership back in the day... I am partial....

That's gonna be a nice one! They are terrible rust buckets though. Either he has a ton in rust repair or somebody took REAL good care of it.

I worked with a guy back in the late 70s that had a couple. Rustiest things I ever saw. Both quarters would lift off the bottom like wings going down the highway !

Cool!!! OEM color?? I swear I did a 240z in the eighties that same color. :thumbsup:

Definitely don’t see many of those. The only one I’ve seen I see pretty regularly. The keeper of my school’s Eagle mascot has one a little newer than that one. He drives it around daily with a live bald eagle sitting on top of the back seat.
This is a horrible picture but you might can make it out.
103D9FE0-936D-4222-9F43-B2ADB58539A8.jpeg

That is a gorgeous truck CH, keep us updated.
CB, cool, but how does he get away with having the Bald eagle? I thought they were protected?
Definitely don’t see many of those. The only one I’ve seen I see pretty regularly. The keeper of my school’s Eagle mascot has one a little newer than that one. He drives it around daily with a live bald eagle sitting on top of the back seat.
This is a horrible picture but you might can make it out.
View attachment 1716146036

Nice truck. I had a customer on the tool route that had a farm repair shop and was into IHC. He restored a Scout that had the 1/2 of the 304 v8. It was a 152.

I worked with a guy who had a few Scouts with his Dad. His was lifted and made for mud, his dad's was stock. Th y had one or two that needed to be restored/refreshed.

My stepson's uncle built one and worked on one with him..
It got painted a baby blue.. nice rig and fun to drive..
He was able to take possession on his 16th birthday..

Not sure about rust repair, I’ll have to ask him about that. Come to think of it, all the others I have seen have been rust buckets.

The color is not oem. He showed me 3 oem colors and asked me which one I liked best, then it showed up at his house that color, I believe he made the right choice.

-
Back