Never Forget...

-
I woke up this morning and had a chill when I realized it was 9/11. I had hears all the pre-tributes on the radio and TV but nothing hit my like seeing the date on the computer...9/11. I remember the radio broadcast like it was yesterday and will never forget it.

I woke up this morning and had a chill when I realized it was 9/11. I had hears all the pre-tributes on the radio and TV but nothing hit my like seeing the date on the computer...9/11. I remember the radio broadcast like it was yesterday and will never forget it.
Unfortunately, it seems much of America already has forgotten, or simply don't care.

Been getting the chills all morning. Can't stand this day. I dread it's arrival each year since, like no other day.

Had this shirt made the week after it happened. I wear it every 9/11 and Memorial Day. I remember the day well. Jake started kindergarten that year, I was teaching an air pressure class at work. My wife called and talked to my co-instructor saying we had to stop class and get to a tv. I still want to go kill the basted myself even tho they already got him.....
20160911_122959.jpg

I care,I remember all the multiple emotions,I felt.. Thanks for posting,Doug.. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Likewise. I saddens me, it pisses me off, and I remember all too well calling my oldest son, who worked in the City back then. I called his cell, he answered, I asked if he was OK, he said "Sure. Why"? I told him what happened. He was in the Subway station below the WTC. He had no idea what had just taken place. I told him to get out of there "NOW". Shortly after that the cell service went dead.
A 20 minute train ride to work, from NJ to lower Manhattan took 14 hours to get back home. He called me when he got home.
I'll never forget.

Also never forget today marks 4 years since 4 brave Americans lost thier lives in Benghazi .
September 11 is a very historical day for Islam .

Sept 11 1565 The great siege of Malta.

Sept 11 1609 The Muslim expulsion from Spain .

Sept 11 1683 The battle of Vienna .

Sept 11 The battle of Zenta 1697.

It was not an accident they picked September 11 to attack !

My prayers go out to the families and friends who mourn the loss they live with , caused from the hatred that exists in the heart of man bent on destruction !
God Bless
Glad to have the freedom to choose whom I serve !!!
Thank you God !!
Thank you patriots !!

I still lived in the Netherlands back then
I was assembling a Volkswagen 1.9 tdi short block when the radio I was listening to cut out and went to live news coverage
I remember wondering how for NYC is from Michigan where my girlfriend (now my wife of 12 years) lives

I don't know if there are 2 more dates in my entire life that I so clearly remember

We had a special memorial service at the base flagpole today, then at 8:46 AM ,9:03 AM,9:37 AM and 10:03 AM the warning/alert siren sound for one minute of silence to honor each plane crash and the people that were lost. I have to say looking around the room at my fellow old timers (I'm 49), you could see that it took each of us back to that day. It's a somber day for me, but being at work today at the Base...especially today gives me some satisfaction and puts into perspective why I'm really here and what all of the sacrifices really mean. Never Forget.

Tough day for sure. Changed the world forever.

I was active duty Air Force at the time. The squadron was on day one of a bi-annual Inspector General Inspection and I was with one of my recruiters in his office watching the inspector as he inspected my recruiters' paperwork. The Navy recruiter came over to tell us about the second plane hitting the WTC and said they have a television in their office. So we spent the next hour watching the television until headquarters called to tell us the inspection was postponed and recalled the inspector back to HQ and all recruiters back to their homes.

My niece teaches 4th graders near Fort Bragg and posted on Facebook today that her students didn't know what "Patriot's Day" was and that many Americans died 15 years ago. Sad, very sad...and shame on the US for allowing it to fade away. We must each do our part to "Never Forget".

Last edited:
I fly my American Flag proudly on this day every year since that tragic day. God Bless America! God Bless all those who serve, and have served, our country!

I looked out the window at dinner this evening and saw my flag which I put at half staff to honor those who lost their lives on 9-11-2001 and from the after effects of that fateful day.
I had to take and share this picture I took. I didn't know if the vapor trails would show up.
God bless those of the Twin towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93.
IMG_0275 - Copy (568x640).jpg

I need to find the pictures I took of the towers that I took before that fateful day. Lived in Jersey for 27 years, never seen the Statue of Liberty. Went on a sight seeing trip with my sister. We were the last to leave Ellis Island that day. Where we were parked we were able to see the Towers. Sun was almost set and the Towers were lit up...very breath taking photos. Last I seen them I couldn't help but cry...and get very angry...

Outstanding song! Thank you for posting.
I had tears running down my face when I first heard it on the CMA Awards in November of 2001.
Here's the story of its writing and first airing if any of you may not be aware of it:

(from Wikipedia)
The song is based on the September 11 attacks, a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist goup al-Queda on the United States on September 11, 2001. Jackson had finished walking outside and returned indoors to discover news of the attacks on television. He immediately wanted to write a song expressing his thoughts and emotions, but he found it hard to do so for many weeks. "I didn't want to write a patriotic song," Jackson said. "And I didn't want it to be vengeful, either. But I didn't want to forget about how I felt and how I knew other people felt that day."
Finally, on the Sunday morning of October 28, 2001, he woke up at 4 a.m. with the melody, opening lines, and chorus going through his mind. He hastily got out of bed, still in his underwear, and sang them into a hand-held digital recorder so he would not forget them. Later that morning, when his wife and children had gone to Sunday school, he sat down in his study and completed the lyrics.
Initially, he felt squeamish about recording it, much less releasing it, because he disliked the idea of capitalizing on a tragedy. But after he played it for his wife Denise and for his producer, Keith Stegall, and it met with their approval, Jackson went into the studio to record "Where Were You" that week. On Stegall's advice, Jackson played the finished track for a group of executives at his record label. "We just kind of looked at one another," RCA Label Group chairman Joe Galante said later. "Nobody spoke for a full minute."
Jackson was scheduled to perform at the Country Music Association's annual awards ceremony on November 7, 2001, to be aired on CBS. Originally, he planned to perform "Where I Come From", which at the time was the number 1 hit on the Billboard country charts. But mere days before the awards show, Jackson's manager, Nancy Russell, played a recording of "Where Were You" for four of the CMA's top executives. All four were crying by the time the song ended.
The day before the show, CMT had a brief note on its web site that Jackson would be introducing the new song during the awards telecast. The next night, after an introduction from the show's host, Vince Gill, Jackson performed "Where Were You" seated on a stool, with an orchestra and backing singers behind him. At the conclusion of the five-minute-long song, the audience gave him an immediate standing ovation. This performance, along with the Vince Gill introduction, is used as the song's music video.
The next morning, many stations already were playing Jackson's new song after taping it from the broadcast. Several pop-oriented stations, including one in New York, started to play it as well. Based almost entirely on that unsolicited airplay, "Where Were You" debuted at number 25 on the Billboard country chart the week ending November 24, 2001, the highest debut since "The Thunder Rolls, by Garth Brooks debuted at number 19 in 1991. A week later, with Arista finally having serviced a promotional single to radio, it jumped to number 12. On the December 29 country singles chart, "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)" was the number 1 song. It had taken only six weeks to get there, the fastest rise to the top in four years. The song spent five weeks at the top, and it also became a Top 40 pop hit, peaking at number 28. At the time, it was Jackson's biggest country and pop hit.

I find it truly remarkable that anyone can sit down and write a song in one sitting like that. Alan Jackson later echoed Hank Williams Jr. who once said, "God writes the songs, I merely hold the pencil."

Last edited:
I need to find the pictures I took of the towers that I took before that fateful day. Lived in Jersey for 27 years, never seen the Statue of Liberty. Went on a sight seeing trip with my sister. We were the last to leave Ellis Island that day. Where we were parked we were able to see the Towers. Sun was almost set and the Towers were lit up...very breath taking photos. Last I seen them I couldn't help but cry...and get very angry...

My mother-in-law visited us in July of 2001 when we lived in Connecticut and we took her to NYC. We took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and while on the ferry, I snapped a picture of the twin towers. Never knew that 6 weeks later they would be gone. Here's my 8 x 10.

World Trade Center.jpg

Last edited:
My mother-in-law visited us in July of 2001 when we lived in Connecticut and we took her to NYC. We took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and while on the ferry, I snapped a picture of the twin towers. Never knew that 6 weeks later they would be gone. Here's my 8 x 10.

View attachment 1714967631
Great picture, thanks for sharing...

@66fyssh....just noticed that you are retired USAF....thank you for your service...without folks like yourself our country would be a whole different place...

-
Back